ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VW Bora - Winter Gathering - New Wheels!

Bora.
Re: Bora With Genuine BBS splits

I don't tend to throw the car around corners etc learned that with the Clio on coilovers, and with it going as low as possible I don't want to be throwing it around corners due to the sump being so low and the condition of the roads up this way.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I don't mean ranting it. I mean if you have a swooping bend or something. It's there for a reason. If people notice a difference a couple of mm thicker then it's a no brainer that not having one at all makes a fair difference.

My sump was a couple of inches from the floor and still recommend one.

Bora.

41783f74.gif

fd2ded97.gif

Just a couple pictures of the finished wheel, and a 2 second "trial fit" wish these fitted, love the look of them against the car!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

They look so nice refurbed. If you don't want them, you'll have no trouble selling them!

Bora.

a big difference from when i first seen them for sure, the refurb has transformed them something crazy! if only the fitment wasnt so mad.

Bora.

Well decided to speak to my cousin ..

8be1291a.gif

Looks like I may have some parcels arriving soon depending on price ;) genuine US spec parts shipped straight to my door! love my family over in the states ;)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

They look lovely. How much you selling them for?

Bora.

Just cheap JOM coilovers, I have removed the helper springs from the front and won't be putting adjuster cups in the back, hence why the front shocks looks like there's very little spring there

Rb 182

Just cheap JOM coilovers, I have removed the helper springs from the front and won't be putting adjuster cups in the back, hence why the front shocks looks like there's very little spring there

I had them on the Gf's old mk4. Rode suprisingly well, really. I left the adjuster in the rear with the helper springs still in on the front, ran them about 3/4's down and it was low enough for us.

DSC00028.jpg

Rb 182

Infact thats a lie! I had Fk Ak's on the golf. I had ordered the Joms but they had ran out so sent me some Fk's. Probably the same but i had yellow springs instead of blue

Bora.

Yeah fks are yellow spring, I want it as low as it possibly can go, removing arb until I get one that fits, considering a chassis notch and engine raisers for clearance and sitting a flush as possible on 18s, just need someone who fan fit them for free as I can't wait till next weekend for my mate to do them, patience isn't my strong point.

Rb 182

Sounds a good plan that. It was her daily whilst pregnant and then family hack from then on so mines couldn't be that low. Was a nice height all the same.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

You can't run a bora low without a chassis notch..

Bora.

If the z4 is rear wheel drive they will fit, 18" 8j et20 front 9j et24 rear 5x120 fitment (BMW alloys)

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean

Get them bought Rob.

Bora.

Buy them rob, you know you want to... Means I can get the bora sitting better aswell ;).

172monaco*&*passat

You can't run a bora low without a chassis notch..tom-sx...

you can but you need a new arb unless you going to max out..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

You can't run a bora low without a chassis notch..tom-sx...

you can but you need a new arb unless you going to max out..

Not on joms you can't. Too soft. To get the front looking low you'll be smashing you o/s drive shaft into the chassis without a notch.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

Yeah you guys can ignore my advice. I know nothing about lowering Boras.

E90 320d

Guy I know is breaking his show winning Bora on ebay. Air and allsorts of nice parts worth taking a look.

Bora.

I know about ollys bora, spoke to him about it a few times, especially his shmidts but don't have that sort of cash lying around :p

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah you guys can ignore my advice. I know nothing about lowering Boras.

Whos that aimed at? Your not a bora lowering god anyway Ffs. And cutting your arb off does make a difference unless your a r****d.

E90 320d

I know about ollys bora, spoke to him about it a few times, especially his shmidts but don't have that sort of cash lying around :p

Ahh fair enough. thought I would point it out. Such a shame he is breaking it looked amazing!

Bora.

The reason the alloys are up for sale:

230ed3d2.gif

This is without adaptors, just held on by 1 bolt, personally it sits well as it is so to add 20mm more poke would be excessive and a no from me personally.

Bora.

But after adaptors it's going to poke a further 20mm, so more negative camber and running 215/35/18s won't work

Bora.

558bea71.gif

b0c4a9ce.gif

d55ea8c6.gif

Coilovers finally on, has slight reverse rake atm but that will be sorted as soon as possible.

Bora.

Bbs are still up for sale, if you are intrested pm me, price has been reduced alot, need them gone so I can get better wheels on this!

616875_416199285092796_536025631_o.gif

325954_416200461759345_1592193229_o.gif

622479_416199595092765_1099752055_o.jpg

Bora.

bffbaaf3.gif

Not fully finished, still a touch more sanding, priming and painting then it should be decent enough.

Bora.

Pi$$ed off with the car now, smashed 2 sumps! In the space of 2 weeks!! So it's getting out to standard, engine spacers bought, more wheels bought, and re lowered after winter.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

It looks good lowered though, shame you haven't sorted some wheels for it.

Did you ever sell the wheels? What's the revised price like? :rasp: