ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vvt solenoid

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
When I was changing my plugs, I noticed around the top of number 1 (near Vvt solenoid) it was damp with oil! On closer inspection, ther was a ring of sealant around the top of the solenoid, I removed the solenoid to find the only seal is the one in the top of the cam cover...and some more sealant inside (around the base of the fatter part of the solenoid)

Is this correct? If not, where should I put sealant or seals?

5dc2d1ea.jpg

a98e3f37.jpg

Sealant?? i have had the same problem with seeping oil so i changed the seal (the one in the pic ) seems to be fine now, only costs around £7.

You wouldn't believe it but that vvt solenoid seal is actually a renault 5 headlight seal

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Ah okay, my bad! :p i work on ford and kia engines and they are opposite :p lol
ordered a new seal from Renault today for £6.87 :)

Should I remove the silicone from inside the hole then lol?

If theres any silicon sealer around there get it all removed and cleaned out!
Can't see any on the pic though

Pull the black seal out and tap the new one in with a socket - they're a bit delicate so be gentle :D

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Yeah there is silicone in the hole. Where you see the oil...the oil is sat inside a ring of sealant made from when the sensor was fitted and squeezed sealant out! Lol who knows what goes through some people's minds :S Lol

Im used to fitting seals at work so this should be a doddle! :) thanks

182T
Can any one tell me what the 2 caps/seals on the rhs of the engine/flywheel end in the pic above are called please or what they are for? my lower/front one is leaking.

cheers