ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vodafone rant (looong sorry)

Bumder With A Buffer
Phone contracts and companies are f**king arseholes! :mad:

Story as follows...

Way back in May I came to the end of my 18month contract with Vodafone and decided I wanted an Iphone. (I had been a customer for 4 years with Voda) Rung up Vodafone cancellations department and was advised to write a letter to cancel the contract. This was done on the 19th May 2009.

2 weeks go by and still have heard nothing from them (and by this time I have my new phone so Vodafone one is just sitting there not making any calls at all), so rung up again and spoke to (luckily) the same guy I spoke to the first time in the cancellations team. Told him that I had not received anything from them and he told me that they had not received any letter from me, I actually sent in 3 letters as I didn't hear anything.

He told me that he would take my 30 days notice period from when I first rung in and that my contract with them would end on the 25th June 2009 with a bill of 40 odd quid. "Fine" I said and he told me a letter would be sent out confirming this date...now whilst on the phone to him I told him that my address details had changed and updated those and awaited said letter from them.

Nothing came and my bill date on the 26th came...£40 out of the bank so cancelled the direct debit and thought no more of it. The phone stayed off from then and has since been sold on so all was well I thought.

On Tuesday this week my parents dropped off a Vodafone letter to me dated 17/08/2009 saying

"Outstanding debt £38.41 blah blah blah...14 days to pay, blah blah blah, debt collection agency will be sent round and you will incur these costs for sending them around etc etc"

So ring the number on the sheet and the collection team said what's this bill for? she told me that it is the final payment for when the contract ended on the 26th July. Ermmm no the contract ended on the 25th June love. She couldn't answer why that was so put me through to customer services. Spoke to the woman in that department and she couldn't find my account details as the account is now closed. FFS :mad: so she said il put you through to someone who can help. Sure enough she puts me on hold then I get some f**king computer telling me there is a system error and to ring back later! Arrrgghh (35 mins on the phone by this time! 10 of those on hold :( )

Sooooo rang another number I had and got through to someone (yay!) Nice guy called Ahmed in billing.

Explained to him the situation and he said nope the contract was due to terminate on the 26th July not June as the cancellation was processed on the 20th June.

Ermmm no this is when I rung up to ask why you hadn't received my letter and was told that it was due to terminate on the 26th June. I even asked 3 or 4 times June correct???...Yes the guy told me!

After listening to me banging on about this he said as a goodwill gesture they would knock £5 off the amount I supposedly owed so I said f**k it il pay it.

f**king c**ts! :mad:

I can do everything by phone, pay my account, renew my contract but to cancel my contract I have to write to you then you conveniently never receive my letters??! f**k off!

MY next step is to write to them but I dont know if I can be f**ked for the sake of £33...its more the principle of being told when a contract will terminate only to then f**k up their side on the administration side.

sorry for the long post I just had to get everything in so that no-one called me a nugget for doing stuff wrong! As far as im concerned I played by all their rules etc and they f**k me over :(

Oh and then when I asked for written confirmation of this payment the guy said, no we cant do that i can only give you a 4 digit reference number.FFS!

Arse c**ts :)

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Vodafone are sh*t, period.

We had to change our business contract with them because not one of the 12 people who have Blackberrys could get a good signal - even when we're in the office in Central London!!

I've had a few contracts with Vodafoney, and can't get a signal where I live - phone them up and "according to our computer" you can get a good signal ...

err no I can't??!!

Bumder With A Buffer
Did you send your cancellation letter recorded delivery?

Did I f**k..wish I would of done now. Was going to until I rung back in and was told "no need to send another letter in il take for 30 days notice from when I first spoke to you"

Jobs a godd un....or so I thought. b*****d

Bumder With A Buffer
:)...still f**king pee'd off. I said to "Ahmed" look im not being funny i've been on hold for 30 mins (funny how they answer straight away when you ring free from your mobile!!) on an 08700 number!.. plus i get told to send in a letter to you which I do, and you conveniently dont receive them, dodgy much??!

To which he just went a bit quiet and said something like...I see.

Lol :)

:)...still f**king pee'd off. I said to "Ahmed" look im not being funny i've been on hold for 30 mins (funny how they answer straight away when you ring free from your mobile!!) on an 08700 number!.. plus i get told to send in a letter to you which I do, and you conveniently dont receive them, dodgy much??!

To which he just went a bit quiet and said something like...I see.

Lol :)

With you sending it jsut by letter, you have no proof it was sent, or recieved. Its not Ahmeds fault :) Bless him.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Voda have done this for years - several times we've 'cancelled' contracts only to be told we have to give them notice in writing.

I pointed out that they were s**t, and T-Mobile, O2 and Orange all take you saying over the phone, and it's just them that feel that they can bully people into court to pay another month's rental.

I got an apology and £150 in 'damages' due to the stress of being sent letters telling me the 'boys will be round'.

Bumder With A Buffer
With you sending it jsut by letter, you have no proof it was sent, or recieved. Its not Ahmeds fault :) Bless him.

No its not his fault...i never said that.

I was more pee'd off with being verbally told when a contract will end...then to process it wrong and piss someone off.

Better than yours. C*nt.
O2 did worse though, had 2 contracts with them about 9 months apart. Phoned them up, asked them to cancel the one that was due for renewal please. They agreed and did it, but somewhere along the lines it all went horrifically wrong and they sent me a bill for ~£500. Every time I spoke to them they accepted it wasn't right, but took a million phone calls to get them to put it right.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
When I cancelled my Vodafone contract earlier this year I did it through their website and got an email afterwards to confirm they'd received it and my cut off date.

Since then I've been with T-Mobile and they're worse IMO.

1998 BMW e46 323i
ever been with three? My word they're awful, but the 3g coverage is great compared to voda, which i never expected. And tbh they're all vultures!

All phone companies are pretty s**t, they must have to deal with so many complaints!

I like vodafone, never really had any probs , but thanks for the heads up -if i ever need to cancel i will definately send it recorded delivery

Bumder With A Buffer
Just seems like a really backwards way to go about cancelling.

I can phone up to pay, renew my contract and dont get sent anything to sign, yet if I want to cancel you have to send a letter which as I said conviniently goes missing 3 times! ;)

My experience was fine until all this cancellation b****cks, when I initally phoned to cancel the guy was good and when I rung up after not hearing anything he was apologetic and was sound again.

Thing that makes it worse is Ahmed told me he couldnt get access to certain parts of my account??? Well put me through to someone who can then!

Ben I would of stayed had you lot of given me an Iphone ;)

2010 Mazda 3 MPS
I know your story all too well :dapprove:

I work for T-Mobile Customer Service and used to work for O2
(I also know whats its like dealing with other departments (like cancelations) mistakes!!! :mad:)

Stuff like this is the norm...people telling people LIES! Stuff not getting noted down correctly etc which ultimately causes (some but not all) customers grief!

A general rule when you phone a phone company, make sure you always confirm with them EXACTLY what they are putting on the "notes"...this is your only saviour!!!

Have to say, been with voda a looong time now, with several accounts and they have always been awesome at customer care. Never had any issues. The only reason I want to leave soon is the reception in this house is non-existent and they currently don't do the iPhone (plus I have had two Storms and am about to ask for a third since it has broken again!).

I know your story all too well :dapprove:

I work for T-Mobile Customer Service and used to work for O2
(I also know whats its like dealing with other departments (like cancelations) mistakes!!! :mad:)

Stuff like this is the norm...people telling people LIES! Stuff not getting noted down correctly etc which ultimately causes (some but not all) customers grief!

A general rule when you phone a phone company, make sure you always confirm with them EXACTLY what they are putting on the "notes"...this is your only saviour!!!

In all fairness, the OP could be lying about sending the letters, without any proof, it dont matter what he says.

See it from both sides :)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I was with Voda, awesome signal my way and when I was in London, instant signal when coming out of a tube station, o2 takes a couple of mins to notch up even a bar. Voda customer services was a bit here and there for me, one guy refused to give me a PAC code on the phone, said I'd have to wait for a letter, so redialed and another guy gave it to me, the easiest way to get out of their contract TBH.

With o2 now via CPW, customer service is excellent, no reason to leave and I've got an iPhone so win win for me.

But TBH customer service is only as good as the person that takes your call. I've had some right t***s and some others that'd were excellent.

Bumder With A Buffer
In all fairness, the OP could be lying about sending the letters, without any proof, it dont matter what he says.

See it from both sides :)

I could be yes...but I have copies of the letter I sent out on the 20th May :). I assure you I sent them as requested. No mention from them about sending it recorded delivery...I can pay my gas bill by sending it off normal post ;)

Never above 25mpg
Vodafone have always been ok with me. Except when trying to offer a decent contract. I don't think there's any leaniency for customer loyalty... although I've not got a bad renewal it's still not as good as some out there!