ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vodafone Fibre

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Anyone with them? Any issues? They're doing fibre for £20p/m just now. I'm with NowTV just now and it works fine, just £15 more than this offer. Given it all comes down the same line presumably I won't actually notice any difference?

Ta

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
You might find different providers throttle their traffic differently.

The physical cabling/fibre work won't get any faster (at least between your premises and your closest exchange), but it could go either way depending on how your current ISP handle their traffic and also how Vodafone handle theirs.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'm sure I read they're unlimited data and no throttling, but I'll check it out again.

Thanks.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
They're mobile network is awful, so I'd be dubious just because of that.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
They're mobile network is awful, so I'd be dubious just because of that.
No offence mate but that's an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

Their entire UK network cannot be poor for voice, data, 4G and messaging, in every hamlet, town, city and urban area in the land.

If you don't get coverage anywhere I'd suggest it might be a problem with your device(s) rather than the network.

Or are you suggesting there's another issue with their mobile network? Maybe you can expand a little and add some substance to your gross generalisation.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Ok, compared to any other network they are no where near as good. I've stayed in many places with various different groups of people with work and Vodafone has always been the worst. Only place I can think of where it is better is Blandford in Dorset.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Zero issues with Vodafone coverage for me and I travel the length and breadth of the country on a weekly basis.

I might look into their fibre as I need to f**k virgin off

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Zero issues with Vodafone coverage for me and I travel the length and breadth of the country on a weekly basis.

I might look into their fibre as I need to f**k virgin off

Where I am sat right now, EE 4G atleast 3 bars, Vodafone no signal whatsoever, unless you go stand on the drain cover just outside our main supply. True fact!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I doubt my BB will be delivered to me though a hotspot connection on an iPhone, so suggest we bury that debate for just now. Thanks anyway.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
No that's fair enough, but i personally wouldnt be using a company that IMO are useless at their core business.

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Just FYI, they are two completely separate halfs of the business (halfs being the wrong term, there are way more than two parts), run by different managing agencies, different CEO's etc