ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vmware auto shutdown when on battery??????

E39 530i
Hi guy,
What is the best solution of trying to achieve a "clean shutdown" of the virtual machine then the host should they start to run on battery or should the battery levels down below 10%? I have 3 hosts running in as a datacentre with 23 virtual machine with a mixture of Windows Server 2003, 2008. Currently using APC UPS.

Rav4
Jimmy, do you need them in a specific order?

Normally people tend to use power chute in order to initiate the shutdown request, but I am not sure if you can do it on a specific order.

There are a couple of threads on Spiceworks. http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/38495-ups-and-esxi-server?page=2

But the shutdown request is normally initiated if outside power isn't powering the UPS, not on a percentage value. At least that I know of.

Thanks,

G.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I do it by running an agent on the VM's, the host controls the order the guests are shut down based on battery percentage remaining.

eg. at 30 minutes left, shut down VM's 1 + 2, at 25 minutes shut down VM's 3+4 etc.

I am using LanSafe.

E39 530i
Gabi_cavaller, dk and KDF thank you. Love this forum as well great knowledge here. Going to get out LanSafe, never heard of it.