ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VLC Player Help

Tesla MP3 2021
I am having a problem with VLC player (0.8.6a) running in Vista.
When i try to play any file there is sound but just blocks of colour for the picture????

Any ideas?

Settings > Preferences > Video > Output Modules

Tick Advanced Options (bottom right) > Video Output Module.

Mess about with the availbale options in the drop down list. OpenGL should be fine. You need to restart VLC for the changes to take effect. Both of my Vista machines require different settings to work properly so I guess it depends largely on your video drivers. I also have a Vista Codec Pack installed.

Tesla MP3 2021
i have had a play around but nothing has worked.
have you got a direct link for the Vista Codec Pack?

Der Panzer
Got the latest card drivers? I had the same problem, updated and drivers for the graphics card and Robert was your father's brother.

Boxster S
I've not managed to get VLC working on Vista at all. I've gone for Media Player Classic and all the correct codecs

All I can say is that VLC does work under Vista using the method I outlined above. You must all be doing something wrong :(

Tesla MP3 2021
yeah i restarted it.
what options did you find you had to change to get it to work?

Tesla MP3 2021
hahaha I missed the bit where you said tick advance options lol.
Now been chnaged to OpenGL and works a treat :)

Danka