ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista SP1

Ford Focus ST2
now on windows update!!!

anyone seen any differents? can not see any different yet :rasp:

1998 BMW e46 323i
been out for a bit now fella, it's been staggered via auto updates tho for most.

Not noticed any improvements to be quite honest

Bus w**ker
It came slipstreamed on Vista with my new PC...now I've got rid of UAC and half of the other crap that comes as default with Vista, and usually with no way to turn it off except for editing the registry, I don't think Vista is all that bad, still prefer XP but think that's more of a fear of change thing.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Still not avalible for me on Windows Upate. I know I can download it as a standalone but as Vista 64 Ultimate has run flawlessly for me since installing March 07 I don't want to risk it!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I downloaded it manually and installed it on my Vista 64 Ultimate last night, haven't really noticed that much difference, i guess it is slightly quicker.

Clio200 EDC Lux
Been running it for over a week now (vista ultimate) no real difference.... apart from it now display the correct ram amount for 32bit versions.

RS 200
Only difference I've noticed is a slight re-jig of the layout of the Remote Desktop Connection software. Mainly at the start when choosing remote machine and which logon credentials.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
it doesn't kick off when you start disabling things starting up through msconfig which it did before the SP

ValverInBits
I downloaded it manually and installed it on my Vista 64 Ultimate last night, haven't really noticed that much difference, i guess it is slightly quicker.

are 64 bit systems still a nightmare worse than hell?

I used XP64 last year for a while and couldnt stand it. Soooo many things just wouldnt work!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
anyone had any problems installing? i can't backup my hard drive just yet as there's too much data on it but i wanted to install this..

Yeah i have problems, get an error code when doing updates.

Checked google and seems a common problem yet non of the fixes seem to work. Load of crap!

Fabia vRS
please don't ever make threads like this again! posting from my laptop now. set my desktop pc to install sp1 and it has caused me major problems. windows refuses to boot in normal mode now, and i'e just booted into safe mode and it is trying to finish the sp1 installation and seems to be taking forever.

installed on mine

much much better, faster file copying, faster network share access, standby/resume much faster

thumbs up from me!

1 Series Coupe
I installed this on my machine afew days ago...

I have just done a system restore in safe mode. It made my machine hang, sometimes didnt let me boot, and just generally freezing up. Not happy.

Anyone else having problem installing the updates that are required for SP1.

My ultimate version wont install update 935509 which is to do with the bitlocker program. Without it SP1 wont install.

Looked on google, some stuff about removing a pending.xml file but nothing with that name exisits in the winsxs directory.

Only option left is either leave it or do a repair. Seems so odd and for no real reason my Windows update has corrupted itself.

How w**k!

1.2 16v Dynamique
Mine seems ok so far, the only differnence I have noticed is my internet is quicker but it takes longer to shut down the laptop now