ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista Gadgets

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Whats it like to live with? I got a laptop in Jan and got a free upgrade. Not installed it yet as a couple of my mates who work in the industry reckon its a huge pile of poo. Basicaly i want a second opinion before i install it.

Punto/Clio GTT
vista?

i installed it 2 days ago, so far its been spot on, no problems, very quick, nice layout, you wont be dissapointed. it aint much different to xp just a nicer skin, easier on the eyes.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I think its brill :) imho. Had XP for years, but if you haven't got a Powerfull-ish computer then I wouldn't bother tbh. My computer has 3gb ram, 2.6 DC AMD and its running fine. Although with nothing running it use's around 898mb of ram (I suppose its the Gadget on desktop).

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Whats it like to live with? I got a laptop in Jan and got a free upgrade. Not installed it yet as a couple of my mates who work in the industry reckon its a huge pile of poo. Basicaly i want a second opinion before i install it.

Having used a vista system in work for a week or so I would say I would rank it along side a human poo... with fly's hovering around... covered in larva... with a tad of blood dripping down..

i got my free upgrade in Feb, and still havent installed it. I have to sort out so many complaints about vista at work from customers.
It's power hungry, very power hungry. If you dont have 2gb ram i really wouldnt bother touching it.

A4 Avant

i got my free upgrade in Feb, and still havent installed it. I have to sort out so many complaints about vista at work from customers.
It's power hungry, very power hungry. If you dont have 2gb ram i really wouldnt bother touching it.

I've had my upgrade since Feb and I haven't installed either. I've got a few programmes that are a couple of years old that I use a lot and I get the feeling if I upgrade they'll stop working and I don't really want to pay for them again as they do everything I need at the moment. Still want to try vista though!

Golf GTI PP Mk7

Having used a vista system in work for a week or so I would say I would rank it along side a human poo... with fly's hovering around... covered in larva... with a tad of blood dripping down..

^^why exactly?

yes it has its bugs, but so did xp on release, and as updates become availible it'll slowly get sorted, tis always the way.

Im running it on an Athlon X2 64 and 3GB ram and its slick as a very slick thing. Much faster than xp, better layout and much nicer to use.

No probs with hardware support yet either which is useful. Finally the vista drivers are getting stable.

Granted it has bluescreened on me a few times now but im sure thats something to do with quicktime.

If youve got the hardware to run it, go for it...

Not a Clio
^ Interesting how some people are prepared to take bugs and BSOD's in their stride and still recommend the OS.

It like saying, yeah my car breaks down once a week but it's still great and you should get one.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

^^why exactly?

yes it has its bugs, but so did xp on release, and as updates become availible it'll slowly get sorted, tis always the way.

Im running it on an Athlon X2 64 and 3GB ram and its slick as a very slick thing. Much faster than xp, better layout and much nicer to use.

No probs with hardware support yet either which is useful. Finally the vista drivers are getting stable.

Granted it has bluescreened on me a few times now but im sure thats something to do with quicktime.

If youve got the hardware to run it, go for it...

Lets face it, the first two years of Vista being released is one huge public beta test..

Your a guinnea pig for MS..

What kind of company can release a half finished item, get the public to pay huge amounts for it.. and get praised by blind followers ?

Vista is the worst experience i've ever had on a computer.. ive spent that week trying to fix random bugs and problems that still seem to be fixed by 'rebooting' the machine.. but then come back at random times..

Uptime on vista is a joke.. graphical problems are a joke.. hardware support is a joke.. the whole OS is a mess. And if you think im just bashing vista for the sake of it.. i'm really not.. for all you folk that dont like/want linux STICK with XP !! its tried/tested and works(ish) ;)

F1 - R26
Vista looks a lot better than xp and runs a lot faster on both high spec and 'normal' machines, i have it running on a 4Mz P4 with 4 GB ram and 756mb grapics card, a 64 bit version running on a twin dual core Xeon with 32Gb Ram and a 1.6mz duo laptop with 512mb of ram, and dispite the claims about needing loads of ram it runs with no problems on the laptop although areo won't run, all in all way better than Xp, if you have issues with programs running try running them in compatability made....cured all problems I was having

?
I have vista ultimate sitting in my dash box havent even bothered to install it yet, probably will when i buy a new laptop. I had the beta for ages and didnt think it was amazing.

Not a Clio
Vista looks a lot better than xp and runs a lot faster on both high spec and 'normal' machines, i have it running on a 4Mz P4 with 4 GB ram and 756mb grapics card, a 64 bit version running on a twin dual core Xeon with 32Gb Ram and a 1.6mz duo laptop with 512mb of ram, and dispite the claims about needing loads of ram it runs with no problems on the laptop although areo won't run, all in all way better than Xp, if you have issues with programs running try running them in compatability made....cured all problems I was having

Sorry, missed the bit where you listed all the features that make it way better than XP ;)

Oh hang on you did... looks :rasp: