ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vista 64 v's 32

Mondeo ST TDci
quick q for all those in the know!

ive got a dual core athlon 64 running at 2.1ghz with 3 gig ram. Currently running vista 32 premium. Will vista 64 be noticeably much quicker for boot times and general use? I know its much safe due to knernals etc.

just trying to decide if i should scrub my lappy and put 64 bit on. Currently using it for Photoshop, pinnacle studio 12 and surfing.

Will putting 64 bit on also mess up the hidden partition containing my recovery info? i wouldn't have thought it would......

Whats your thoughts?

None
I would stick with Vista 32 until Windows 7 comes out tbh. I don't think you would notice much difference. Cant answer the last question I'm afraid but I assume it would be ok

Fiesta ST2
i ran vista x64.. everything worked fine.. ive now installed windows 7 x64 ultimate and it runs excactly the same. vista x64 not that much quicker than vista x32 and anyone that tells you it is is a b!tch :p

putting 64 bit on will not delete your hidden partition with the recovery info unless you tell it to delete the partition!

I also use photoshop and have noticed no difference as, as far as im aware its a 32bit application.

in short theres not that much difference espeically if you only have 3 gig of ram.

good luck

Fiesta ST2
im running windows 7 and was running windows vista on a laptop. its a AMD turion 64 Mobile MK-36 (basicailly a 2ghz amd processor) with 4 gig of ram.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Lets face it.. if its vista your running its going to be dog ass slow whether its 32 bit or 64bit lol