ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media Superhub

Skoda Fabia vRS
anyone else have issues with it ?

we have had it a few months now and its not the best, ive had problems with no connection, connection but no actual internet, and the main problem of very poor range

think ill be putting it into modem mode and going back to my old D-Link 615

i found some settings on the support forum which have improved its reliability but its range is still poor

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I've got one (had it about two weeks), but before that we had problems with the previous wireless router that they supplied. In the end we pluged in our old belkin router and always connect to that - no problems since.

We do the same with the superhub, plugged in the belkin and use that. The cables are hidden and the belkin is in a hidden location so it's not like we've got two routers sat side by side.

Polo + Micra
as soon as i could run it in modem only mode i did

plugged my dlink 655 back in and it's been spot on

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
How do you put it into modem mode? mine runs like a bag of s**t during peak times, even on 60mb...

clio 172
ahhh i thought it was just me ive had mine for around 8 months and it is always dropping connection and range is absalutley poo but when its running its quick as u like

Utter turd. The one we had at the old house dropped so much it drove me insane

I wrote several emails to the MD of virgin complaining and eventually they sent me one of the old VMNG3000 modems out - plugged that in and had perfect internet since with no drops at all
When we moved house 2 weeks ago the guy tried to put a superhub back in for us - I refused lol

Civic Type R
Oh god.. The superhub is terrible, even in modem mode its useless. I am on 100mb and struggle to play movies through netflix.. shocking.

Go cry to your momma!
I used one for the first time last night - just some configuration of that and a NAS.

The range was awful, wireless dropped off loads, as in you couldn't see the SSID whilst only a few feet from the thing and what's the deal with only 2.4 or 5ghz wireless? Why didn't they make it simultaneous..
I was expecting more with it being made by netgear. I have a WNDR3700 at home and it's faultless.

Clio 172 Phase 1
We are getting one fitted today, after reading here I'm tempted to tell them to f**k off when they turn up haha!

Civic Type R
Mine works perfectly. Has done for about a year now.

Your lucky.

I Have had VM out numerous times now , even the engineer stated that there nothing but problems, I have a current MD complaint, and they are apparently trying to sort out the problems for me.

Mines in modem mode, but it seems to lose all signal pretty frequently, download speeds are mostly dire. Used to get 45mb on the 50mb package, now I am lucky if I get a constant 10mb on there 100mb plan.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Had VM engineers out twice and tech support on the phone once, had an issue where the router stopped responding then restarting itself, generally low speeds and low range.

Turned out some of the default settings on the hub arnt ideal, we've had all of our connections replaced and the hub replaced twice. Disabling IP Flood Protection in the end seemed to sort it.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Cant wait to get rid of mine it is a piece of s**t. Modem mode + decent router is far superior.