ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media - Crap? Anyone work for them?

Abarth 500
I ordered broadband on Monday and now i'm thinking i want to add tv to it, rang them this morning to try and do this but they can't find my order.

Orders don't appear on their system for a few days apparently, surely someone can access this information as the order has been places, but according to them, it just sits in a blackhole somewhere as it's being processed!

Why do they make things so hard, Sky was so much better!

MK2 Clio
Tbf every company has problems, for example I find virgin great so good infect you can even argue you wernt downloading illegally and they will disable their ban if you argue long enough.

But sky my family got charged 400 quid for pay per view movies that we didn't even look at lol

Abarth 500
i know what you mean.... i'm just impatient at the moment as i have no TV or internet in my new place...

Black RS200
Ring them back again, every now and then you get the brain dead person who aint got a clue. On the whole Virgin Media is ok, ive never had any issues and there download runs rings round BT SKY (only if you are on cable with them)

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
All these companies have niggle.

We've had Virgin at home for years and at Uni then this last year (at uni) we moved to Sky, took them 8 months to sort our broadband out... Fucked us about much, as a result though we get free sport, free line rental and £120 credit on the account. They also Finally paid our £60 phone bill from being on hold to them.

Utter utter disgrace, for the price of the packages too you don't even get so many basic channels like on Virgin and the whole BBCi/on demand servivce is mint.

Guarenteed 20meg too or 50 if you can get it, sky's is only 'upto' so it fluctuates.

Give it time they'll come good I'm sure.

Black RS200
Guarenteed 20meg too or 50 if you can get it, sky's is only 'upto' so it fluctuates.

This is so true, im on the 20meg and i test it every day, always around 19.92 mark, with other providers you can end up 2 / 4 or even 6 meg short of what your payin for.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
We signed up around 4 months ago - never had a problem at all apart from some niggles with the speed when I first got connected.

50 Meg internet ftw!

182FF with cup packs
Virgin are also pretty damn good with sending engineers out as well. Wwhenever I've had an issue they've generally had someone out the next morning. (all issues with V+ box hard drives dying)

DCi 100
Virgin are also pretty damn good with sending engineers out as well. Wwhenever I've had an issue they've generally had someone out the next morning. (all issues with V+ box hard drives dying)

Seriously?

Took them 2 and half weeks to get someone out to us, the guy gave us a cable and ran off basically. Didn't fix a thing.

Another two weeks later someone came and actually fixed it.

172 Cup

Seriously?

Took them 2 and half weeks to get someone out to us, the guy gave us a cable and ran off basically. Didn't fix a thing.

lol..

My mate spent 3 days on the phone to India who refused point blank to send an engineer out. The next day he called to cancel and low and behold spoke to someone in the UK who was actually quite a sound guy and arranged to send an engineer the next day.

The next day came and went with no engineer at all. When my mate called Virgin to complain the engineer had filled out his jobsheet and claimed to have attended the property and fixed the problem. He ended up with a warning and my mate got a lengthy apology and some flowers sent to his mrs out of courtesy. Oh and he's still waiting for the fault to be fixed lol

Abarth 500
lol... mixed opinions about Virgin!... more than two days on and they still can't see my order on the system...

182FF with cup packs
Seriously?

Yeah, seriously. :) Got my V+ box and it died about 2 weeks later (wouldn't boot at all) they first said "we can have one to you tomorrow morning", but I couldn't make the appointment due to work.

About a month or two later the replacement's hard drive died and I could no longer access v+, phoned them up, explaineed the issue and they arranged an engineer for the day after (which I managed to miss as I was asleep at the time), then they re-aranged it for the next day (which was a saturday).

Maybe it depends on the area you're in though.

If anything I was a little disappointed that the phone monkey, on both occasions, didn't want to do any troubleshooting, just said "we have to be going to be sending an engineer to your properties" and that was it. :dapprove:

DCi 100
The next day came and went with no engineer at all. When my mate called Virgin to complain the engineer had filled out his jobsheet and claimed to have attended the property and fixed the problem. He ended up with a warning and my mate got a lengthy apology and some flowers sent to his mrs out of courtesy. Oh and he's still waiting for the fault to be fixed lol

Oh I've had that on a seperate occasion. Internet went dead and wouldn't come back alive. Ring up and waited from a Tuesday till a week on saturday. No one turned up and when we rang they said there was no booking for it. Obviously the guy on the phone didn't book it in. Took another week after that one for someone to come.

PH2 172
Always ask for cancellations, its the only way to get a UK person on the phone I have found. Then tell them you want to cancel due to being dicked about by someone at one of the foreign call centres.

Internet has always been top notch for me, but the Scientific Atlanta old V+ boxes I found to be utter crap, far too slow so cancelled it when the min contract expired and now just have broadband from them.

Octavia vRS
I work for Virgin Media as a service engineer and the broadband is class from Virgin you cant beat it. Heard last week that VM are testing 100mb in the UK and are going to try and roll it out by next year.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I work for Virgin Media as a service engineer and the broadband is class from Virgin you cant beat it. Heard last week that VM are testing 100mb in the UK and are going to try and roll it out by next year.

You're behind the times IIRC.. a friend of mine in Ashford is about to start trialling 200mb o_O

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
VM employees are always the last to know these things. You only need to look at any cable forum to know that.