ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Estimated Usage - Windows 8

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, Im using windows 8, and I've noticed that when I click the internet connections it tells me, "Estimated Usage"

I reset it, and 2 hours later, Its on 5.6GB. Isn't this a hell of alot? It appears to be going up at around 1mb a second, just watching it?

IS this normal or something to be worried about?

Thanks

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
5.6GB over a month is not much really.

Edit:eek:opps just noticed it's a phone.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's in phone and internet, could be lol. Talking about Virgin, as in Virgin mobile.

In that case my previous post still stands.

FF RB 182
5.6gb in 2 hours is hell of alot!

Thats 46.6mb a minute... 7 Mb a second.. do able i guess on a cable/fibre line?

Your computer isn't sharing media across your own network?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just leaving it running for a while,

it's like reseting the MPG calculator just before doing a drag strip then wondering why it does 5MPG as an average.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Hang on, is this calculating all of the data coming in through the network adapter or is it just counting the data from outside of the local network (internet traffic).

I think its probably the former, so something else in your house is accessing your PC and windows is just adding up all the data.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hang on, is this calculating all of the data coming in through the network adapter or is it just counting the data from outside of the local network (internet traffic).

I think its probably the former, so something else in your house is accessing your PC and windows is just adding up all the data.

No idea, just seemed alot! Basically its Windows 8, click the little arrow by the clock in the corner and click the internet bars/graph icon. Brings up a Blue screen on the right saying Networks and Connected to Virgin Wifi. If I click it it says Estimated Usege: 2.07GB

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
put it this way, mine says 3Gb used in last 28 days!lol! so thats very high usage!

as above, just get into your 'start menu' and type 'resource monitor' and check the network tab to see whats cranking the data!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
All sorted, I left Bit Torrent Running :p Didnt know it was running because Id un pinned it from task bar! Still getting to grips with 8!

Cheers people