ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Blocking Ports & Websites?

1.6 Ford Focus
Does anyone on here happen to be using Virgin Media as you ISP and run your own website or have an old ntlworld email account?

I had this problem a while back but I finally got around to getting my business going and set up my website but within 4 hours the website has been blocked and I can't receive emails.

I sent my link to other people on different ISPs and it works for them, yet it just times out on my computer... as for the emails I can send but I can't receive... again it just times out.

I spent the past hour on the hosting companies support chat and they just keep telling me their technicians are on the problem and its a ISP problem. Google search just comes up with one or two results saying that Virgin have blocked port 25 (2525) which explains why the email wont receive but not why they are blocking websites...

Anyone else got this problem? Know any solutions?

182FF with cup packs
Maybe it's a dns problem.

Try using google DNS instead of the virgin defaults.

8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

either that or post the URL and I'll try for you.

IIRC Virgin only block port 25 incomming so you can't run your own mail server, you can still use SMTP to send mail.

edit: test your DNS by getting up a command indow and type nslookup websiteurl (i.e. nslookup www.cliosport.net)

If DNS isn't working fr your domain on virgin you will get something like
Code:
nslookup [B]websiteurl[/B]

Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.253.1

*** UnKnown can't find [B]websiteurl[/B]: Non-existent domain
Otherwise you will get something like
Code:
nslookup www.cliosport.net

Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.253.1

Non-authoritative answer: