ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

viper pipercross induction kit on the 172

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got one on my track car, and in all honesty, it makes no more induction noise than std, and it makes no difference power wise either.

(not that i can tell anyway!)

Turbo LY R27
Yeah i had one on myh old 1.4, if there fitted propery they make nothing, your supposed to fit a bit of foam between the filter and the box and then you dont hear it. I found better response with my one, i heard bad reviews from 17/182's. Best off stickin in an ITG panel m8. cheaper 2, never a bad thing:)

White R26/Stripped Valver
so infact it would cost over £500 just to get the full benefit...

Too late to cancel?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you want loads of induction noise, just get a normal K&N 57i Kit. About £80 and it sounds the absolute tits!

Ly meg R26
i had one on my 182, looked good, didnt really hear much noise, didnt notice any power gain, put the standerd air box back on and wish i never bought a viper!

Turbo LY R27
IMO i find K&N, pipercross a bit overrated and poo, really pricey as well! If ya think about it you could by a remap instead and a normal panel filter for just a bit more money and i think that would be better value for money and def more power gain!

RS RIP
how much for a remap?

yes you need a map, preferably a custom job because you want to benefit from diffrerent filter.. these are expensive though, couple of hundred pounds for sure as you'll need RR testing andallthat.........

Most people find that original filterhousing can't be beat

Clio MK 4
what about hillpower induction kits? Does this give a nice noise and not reduce power?

I'm after a decent one aswell which gives a nice noise but dont want to lose power. Not bothered if dont gain power as long as dont lose any.

Ph1
Loved my Viper

Made a difference in performance and when the CAF was pointing at it rather than connected it made a really good raw sound.

Clio 182 cup
I've got a 1.2 clio and i bought a £20 universal air filter and it made a hell of difference on top end!!

A4 oil burner !!!
Re: viper pipercross induction kit on the 172
I've got a 1.2 clio and i bought a £20 universal air filter and it made a hell of difference on top end!!

I'm sure it did ...............................

Iv got a pipercross cone..not the viper...and I love it.
Renault say a 1.2 16v does 0-60 in 11.6 seconds...mine does it in 9.9...and I have proof.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
you're all wrong! i've seen a 13bhp gan with a viper and a remap, so stop talking s**t!

Who mentioned a Remap? The OP asked if a viper was worth it, never even mentioned a remap??

A4 oil burner !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred
you're all wrong! i've seen a 13bhp gan with a viper and a remap, so stop talking s**t!

When i had my viper fitted with my exhaust and a remap (superchip)
i had rr before and after and i gained about 4hp !

Turbo LY R27

Who mentioned a Remap? The OP asked if a viper was worth it, never even mentioned a remap??

Yeah, this thread is just about a viper on its own!!!!!!!!
The remap would of helped it work, bet you anything remap+panel filter would have the same outcome as remap+viper.:rasp:

RenaultSport 197
Iv got a pipercross cone..not the viper...and I love it.
Renault say a 1.2 16v does 0-60 in 11.6 seconds...mine does it in 9.9...and I have proof.

When I had my P-X IK on I felt nothing at all on the car. The only noticable thing me and my mate noticed was my acceleration was 'smoother' through the gears. In terms of power output and noise, bugger all. In fact the only 'grunting' noise it made when my exhaust wasn't fitted was accelerating up hills, no doubt because the engine was working harder and sucking more air in!!

Poo, all IK's are poo!!!!!!

(imo)

Ph1

The remap would of helped it work, bet you anything remap+panel filter would have the same outcome as remap+viper.:rasp:

Might be a thread about a Viper on its own but then you wouldnt talk about how good cams are without a remap would you!

If folk actually bothered fitting and setting up Vipers propely then they might not get as many boo boys!

Turbo LY R27

Might be a thread about a Viper on its own but then you wouldnt talk about how good cams are without a remap would you!

If folk actually bothered fitting and setting up Vipers propely then they might not get as many boo boys!

No your right i wouldnt. But then this isnt what this theard is about is it?:rolleyes:
Now your talkin about somethin completly different!!!!????
Just pointin out for near enough the same money you will get better performance gains! READ BOY!:butt:

Ph1
Im just pointing out that one of the main reasons why the Viper gets slagged is because half dont set it up right!

End of the day the top fastest proven 172 / 182 boys aint running panel filters so draw your own conclusions........ ;)

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
If you want loads of induction noise, just get a normal K&N 57i Kit. About £80 and it sounds the absolute tits!

Second that. Excellent induction roar on my M R 2 2.0 GTi. Even better on my Integra Type-R.

Didn't notice so much of loss of performance on the M R 2, but noticeable on the Integra.

Wouldn't use an open filter again unless propper shrouding and bonnet vent.

Clio 182 cup

Lol!

Wait, you being serious?.... :eek:

Yep deadly serious i was going to get one of those pipercross viper's but people on here advise me not to and just get a universal one and i tell you now mate big difference im not bullsh*ting....before i had it fixed i used to floor it up this hill and i used to get about 52mph out of it when i reached the top and now i do about 65mph up it bare in mind i do have a catback fitted