ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

views on this car

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
quick explanation, artic clio 182 FF (spoiler, anthracite wheels, splitter) 2005 reg 75000 miles on clock.

No stamps in book, but all renault recipts showing accessorie belt change at 30,000 miles, 2007. Timing kit change and accessorie belts both done again at 55,000 miles 2010. and services all recipted.

the car is tidy only problem being a melted steering wheel which is quite bad.

aftermarket custom exhaust, looks a bit big and bulky but sounds ok.

all priced at £3000 with tax and mot till june.

car reg is nv05 msy

this worth the money?

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
guy had lost book, but found it once the car had been sold a few stamps in the book but only covers up to the first accessorie belt change

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Theres better. Nothing in the for sale section on here? If not stick a wanted thread up

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
for 3k im sure there are better out there. should have stamps in the book?! any reason why it doesn't
]
YOu can buy a stamped book off ebay ffs. They mean nothing.

Reciepts are what's important. Every time. Providing there is a reciept every 12 months or 12,000 miles showing its been serviced.

A 2005 car with that history (good history!!) is worth £3k. There are similar in the FS section on here for £3500.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
]

Reciepts are what's important. Every time. Providing there is a reciept every 12 months or 12,000 miles showing its been serviced.

A 2005 car with that history (good history!!) is worth £3k. There are similar in the FS section on here for £3500.

I know that, so thanks for that :p was just a question more curiosity than anything.

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
To be fair all cars on her seem to a little pricey for the miles lol, thats why u thought it strange this car was cheapish, I would probs get belts done later this year regardless. But for the miles is 3k good?

S4 Avant
]

But Daniel, Cliosport says there's better out there?

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
media

this is the exhaust any one recognise it? probs just a custom jobbie.

think i am going to go for this car, got the price down and even gettin money back on my part ex.

Clio 172
]

f**king this ffs, what would you prefer, a book which any c**t can stamp for a fiver, or buy the stamps your self, or something that actually proves a sale/transaction has taken place, therefore a lot harder to replicate!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
f**king this ffs, what would you prefer, a book which any c**t can stamp for a fiver, or buy the stamps your self, or something that actually proves a sale/transaction has taken place, therefore a lot harder to replicate!

calm down sunshine, if you read further down. it was just a question out of curiosity as to why it hadn't been down. ;)

Clio 172
calm down sunshine, if you read further down. it was just a question out of curiosity as to why it hadn't been down. ;)

I am calm, wasn't just aimed at you tbf, Iv sold cars with missing books with tons of receipts, invoices and people have walked away! It was more of a passing statement! Sorry

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol I just sold my written off 1 series service booklet on eBay, address was C/O car giant

I was curious how much markup the dealer was going to make on this car so did a quick search on the reg plate and found this thread. I was a bit confused about it being arctic and was wondering if it had been cloned before I noticed the correction. Anyway, I bought this car new with both cup packs fitted and traded it in last month. The car should have had a service book with it with the first three stamps. It was main dealer serviced throughout by Evans Halshaw in Middlesbrough but come trade in time I noticed that they'd stopped stamping the book after that so I passed on the service receipts to show the work had been done including the belts. It also had the optional air con and engine flush services done which should show on the service receipts. When sold it had a pair of Michelin PS3s bought a few months ago on the front and another pair about a year old on the back.

As regards the exhaust, it was fitted by North East Tyre & Exhaust in Brotton who despite the name have some good mechanics working for them who know their stuff. I'd read about the problems with replacement exhausts and decided to get it sorted once and for all with a stainless one. I explained to the Botton guys that I wanted one that kept the noise down whilst not affecting performance and they did that set up as a custom job. It has a lifetime guarantee and I probably have the receipt if anyone here buys the car and wants it passing on.

The car was in pretty good shape apart from the steering wheel and a bit of surface corrosion on the alloys. The only problem it had throughout owning it was with the coil packs which were changed within the last few years. It's never been in a collision and it's not been thrashed. That said, it now goes without saying that if you buy it the engine will explode and the gearbox melt within 50 miles. ;)

Anyway glad to see that someone that might appreciate it is looking to buy. Any questions I'll be happy to answer.

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
Glad I bought it now, got it for £2800. And it is in very good condition, did you put the new brakes on it or did the dealer? Btw it was bought in auction by the garage I got it from, don't no how much for

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
I was curious how much markup the dealer was going to make on this car so did a quick search on the reg plate and found this thread. I was a bit confused about it being arctic and was wondering if it had been cloned before I noticed the correction. Anyway, I bought this car new with both cup packs fitted and traded it in last month. The car should have had a service book with it with the first three stamps. It was main dealer serviced throughout by Evans Halshaw in Middlesbrough but come trade in time I noticed that they'd stopped stamping the book after that so I passed on the service receipts to show the work had been done including the belts. It also had the optional air con and engine flush services done which should show on the service receipts. When sold it had a pair of Michelin PS3s bought a few months ago on the front and another pair about a year old on the back.

As regards the exhaust, it was fitted by North East Tyre & Exhaust in Brotton who despite the name have some good mechanics working for them who know their stuff. I'd read about the problems with replacement exhausts and decided to get it sorted once and for all with a stainless one. I explained to the Botton guys that I wanted one that kept the noise down whilst not affecting performance and they did that set up as a custom job. It has a lifetime guarantee and I probably have the receipt if anyone here buys the car and wants it passing on.

The car was in pretty good shape apart from the steering wheel and a bit of surface corrosion on the alloys. The only problem it had throughout owning it was with the coil packs which were changed within the last few years. It's never been in a collision and it's not been thrashed. That said, it now goes without saying that if you buy it the engine will explode and the gearbox melt within 50 miles. ;)

Anyway glad to see that someone that might appreciate it is looking to buy. Any questions I'll be happy to answer.

That post would give me peace of mind if I was in the market for a 182. To the OP, snap it up, it sounds like a great car.

Glad I bought it now, got it for £2800. And it is in very good condition, did you put the new brakes on it or did the dealer? Btw it was bought in auction by the garage I got it from, don't no how much for

Glad it found a good home :)

I think I had the brakes done before the MOT in June at the same time I put the new tyres on the front as both were picked up in the service as needing doing in the next few months. Not 100% sure about the brakes but if there was an advisory on the last service receipt then they would have been done too.

I'm guessing they tidied up the wheels for you or you'd have noticed. They've never been kerbed but the paint has started bubbling up and I was going to get them sorted if I hadn't sold it. All in all I was pretty impressed with Renault given the reputation. I needed to get the coil packs changed twice, once after 3 years (just after it had been service, go figure) and again a couple of years ago, but those were the only times it played up. In fact it behaved so well that my wife bought a new Renaultsport beastie last year which is also proving to be problem free (damn... should'nt have said that should I? ;) )

Needless to say I sold it for a lot less then £2800 but it was part exchange, so they could have given me £1 for it as long as the cost to change on the new car was a good deal, which it was.

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
You cursed me dude! Went to drive home and it was a non starter lol! New battery needed me thinks, 10.1v - 0 Amps, had to jump start it