ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Views on if change would be right?

BG 182 FF
Hello everyone,

Recently I have been thinking about a 172 cup, I have looked at many threads on here and still can't make my mind up weather to keep my 182 or swap it for a cup.

I have seen a cup here, would obviously need to go and have a closer look and would change the exhaust if i got it to a stealth one.
But what are your views?

My 182 has done 47k on a 05 plate, 2 months mot and 5 months tax left lowered on springs. In all honesty would need a front bumper respray as the laquer is coming off in one corner hardly noticeable really. And alloys could do with a respray. Everything else standard. But I have always had mixed feelings about the car, love it compared to my old 1.2 16v lol but just seems like something is missing.

So what would you say i would for my car against a cup and if it would be the right decision?

Comments appreciated

Thanks
Nick :)

Listerine & Poledo
Keep what you've got fella, at least you know what faults you've got to deal with, why buy a box of someone else's problems?

If what you're missing from the 1.2 is the poverty-spec dash and some really nasty seats then yes, the cup will fill the hole.
If you miss having to kick the nuts out of it to move, then it wont. But you could fit an exhaust that gives the impresion that your car is broken instead

:)

An orange one
having owned both in the past, the 172 cup definately feels more alive than the 182...theres just something more tardy about the 182 and the steering feels less alert..

day to day it would be the 182 hands down for me....more toys and 97.5% of the thrills!