ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video Lap of the Nurburgring in a 182

VaVa

about 9 mins......:eek:

Tom, your car sounds lurverly. You however sound southern which means, as a Midlander, I instantly dislike you. Sorry.:p

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 30 March 2005

Tom, your car sounds lurverly. You however sound southern which means, as a Midlander, I instantly dislike you. Sorry.:p
Born in hereford. :mad:

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 30 March 2005

Born in hereford. :mad:
Really? You dont sound very Welsh....:p

VaVa

lol. Just pulling your pisser fella. One things for certain , you must be bloody good friends with Jon_r to let him drive your car like that!!

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Cool vid ... and me thinks somebody else from my place of work has already downloaded this today ;). Downloaded in about 20 seconds :D.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

fantastic vid !....well done guys....*applauds* Jon ! ....and thats just for putting up with Tom...:p...im kidding !! Id of been crapping myself .......

Weeman sucks ****

lol. Just pulling your pisser fella. One things for certain , you must be bloodyÊgood friends with Jon_r to let him drive your car like that!!

He drove mine the day after and maybe quicker and Ive only met jon 3 times.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

to be honest....after watching that ....hes quite welcome to drive mine too...:D

I have done a bit of lap analysis and I am genuinly impressed by that. How many laps have you done now?

I think that if would be around 9.05 btg time, if you did not have to go the full GP track.

I will have a look later but it appears your are on the cball in most sections, but quick between Hohe Acht and Pflanzgarten, but I reckon you could go better between Hocheichen and Aremberg.

Well done anyway!

Dave

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

he had done about 8-10 laps at that point. maybe less.

Brakes were not working halfway round.

172, Tiguan

Cheers Dave, I was waiting for someone who knows the circuit to comment! This was only the second time ive been there, probably done about 10 - 15 laps now in total.

Was watching it back last night when I was making the video, kicking myself in places for not being flat through certain sections where I should have been. Im hoping to go back soon in my own car thatll actually have some brakes that work. I think there is 20 seconds that can come off that time straight away!

Let me know when youve watched the video thoroughly!

Cheers

Jon

quality vid, looks like you were on the limit round most of the track. :D

And Love the commentry, wish i would of gone now!

To be fair you wont knock 20 secs off - if you do I suggest you write to the race teams, you would be in the wrong job!

I will look in a bit and see if you kept it flat where I think you can keep it flat!

Dave

172, Tiguan

I bet I can knock 20 seconds off, we had all our luggage in the boot for the journey home, plus spare wheels, helmets etc!

I hope you are there next time I can afford to go, be great to have a passenger lap, I am still learning some corners, in particular getting series of corners right.

Yer Ive only done 15 laps and thats absolute max.

Quote: Originally posted by davyboy on 30 March 2005
To be fair you wont knock 20 secs off - if you do I suggest you write to the race teams, you would be in the wrong job!I will look in a bit and see if you kept it flat where I think you can keep it flat!Dave

hes quick dave...

very quick, just needs to stop being a fairy with all that interior in his cup... he might catch me then *runs*

;-)

/y0z

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Even you "mr cool" would be bricking it mate. (mark)

[Edited by Tom on 30 March 2005 at 1:58pm]

I think youve lost that one yoz, id like to see you try. :devilish:

*i have the ring support number on speed dial*

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 30 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by davyboy on 30 March 2005

To be fair you wont knock 20 secs off - if you do I suggest you write to the race teams, you would be in the wrong job!

I will look in a bit and see if you kept it flat where I think you can keep it flat!

Dave

hes quick dave...

very quick, just needs to stop being a fairy with all that interior in his cup... he might catch me then *runs*

;-)

/y0z

I need to sell the stupid thing and buy me something quick!

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 30 March 2005Even you "mr cool" would be bricking it mate. (mark)

[Edited by Tom on 30 March 2005 at 1:58pm] I think youve lost that one yoz, id like to see you try. :devilish:*i have the ring support number on speed dial*

i said to him last night, hes insane.

but I will give it a go ;-)

will be going out and buying GT4 I think ;-) (and a roll cage)

/y0z

[Edited by y0z2a on 3/30/2005 2:04:16 PM]

M3 Jon?

/y0z

172, Tiguan

Ill have a look this evening Dave! When I took Chris Cup out that same day I noticed I seemed to be in a higher gear a lot more often, I think it had something to do with the coilovers and cornering speed though! (Wish I had timed that lap).

Hopefully after doing another 20/30 laps ill have the confidence to attack some of the corners more, and in a higher gear!

Its a pity I dont earn enough to go there more frequently! That and the girlfriend would probably kill me.

Weeman sucks ****

That time would be nice to know when we went out. But Id also like to know what that Italian guy was doing it in in his Exige! That thing was flying round all day long.

Weeman sucks ****

To push the ring taxi out of the way, the way he did in front of me was awesome, through a bend aswell...class.

Im going back now *dreams*

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Dave ive just watched the videos back to back.

Very similar, your faster than jon in some sections and jon is faster than you.

I have done 190 laps though;)

I am staggered that someone can learn the circuit and drive that fast in such a short space of time.

Dave

172, Tiguan

:) Maybe youd let me take you round next time we are both there as well and get a good comparison!

He is a stickler for the lines daveyboy.

and can throw a car about like a loon, he likes to "play" at drifting LOL

/y0z

172, Tiguan

Oh and 30 laps on GT4 :p

TBH it did help a bit, I knew what went left and what went right, which was far more than I knew before.