ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration when accelerating after fitting new springs!

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Hi
Ive just fitted some apex -40mm springs on my mk2 phase 2 172 and now when i accelerate theres alot of vibration coming from the front, it feels like a wheel is loose but checked and checked again for loose bolts but couldnt find anything, ive had new tyres put on the car and had the balancing done and it was fine but now at all speeds even when slow its not but only when i accelerate, not sure if its just cause the suspension is harder and i didnt notice it before or something is very wrong!
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Sorry for late reply.
Ive tried looking for play but not really sure what im looking for but there is a tiny bit of play but that was there before so i had it into tyre spot (yes i no lol but its quick and free) they couldnt see anything.
Any other ideas?

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Need help with this guys lol, took off the struts again and still found nothing loose or broken.

G

Gregor11

Have you checked the support bearing on the osf driveshaft? It fastens to the block and the shaft has the bearing and its frame if you like is mounted to the block, check that's not given up now you've lowered it. Mine did something similar, it wasn't lowered, but vibrated when accelerating, and my osf drive shaft had given up!!