ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration/resonance through car

RB 182, GSXR 750
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on what this could be.

I've had my 182 since November last year and on 4 occasions (3 of them today) I've had a vibration through the whole car. First time I had it was about 500 miles ago and hasn't done it since, until today.

You can feel it quite strongly through the floor pan and hear it very clearly. It's like resonance. It's hardly there when accelerating, there a bit more if maintaining speed and massively increased when rolling off throttle. The longest I've had it is about 20 seconds and then it goes away again. Even off throttle, It's a smooth vibration, not on/off.

Originally suspected engine mounts on their way out or heat shield rattle, but thinking on, it only seems to do it when it's wet, particularly when you run through a bit of standing water, so seems like there could be water getting into somewhere and draining away slowly.

Has anyone ever had/heard of this before? Is it highlighting an issue that doesn't show up in the dry?

Cheers :)
Ian

RB 182, GSXR 750
Cheers mate :) Didn't think it would be anything too serious.

thought it was just exhaust reverb originally, due to being quite close to a rock wall next to the road the first time it happened, but then it did it today in a wide open space so made me question it a bit.