ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration on hard acceleration and de throttle

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
As title suggests when accelerating hard and lift off throttle I now have a lot of vibration through the car. It’s not any heat shields as it is too loud to be that I suspect it could be the engine on the subframe??
I run Powerflex upper engine mount and lower dog bone but it has been fine up until a week or so ago. Could the gearbox mount have failed? I’ve tried rocking the engine back and forth but there seems to be minimal movement.
Just hoping someone could shed some light on this before I go all round the houses trying to find out what it is.
Much thanks.

Could be exhaust / heat shield if it's directly under the gear stick as I had it once and it was loud.

Did you pull the engine forward on the top drivers mount?

Check the mounts again if you've recently fitted them, were they torqued correctly?

Have you got J&R driveshafts? Lol

PH2 172
This gearbox mounting bolt can come loose, there is a nut on the bottom.
Also check the often forgotten front gearbox mount.

Attachments

• GEARBOX MOUNTING BOLT.jpg
    GEARBOX MOUNTING BOLT.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 49

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Could be exhaust / heat shield if it's directly under the gear stick as I had it once and it was loud.
Did you pull the engine forward on the top drivers mount?
Check the mounts again if you've recently fitted them, were they torqued correctly?
Have you got J&R driveshafts? Lol
It’s further forward than under the gear stick like under the bulk head. The engine was pulled slightly forward when I fitted the mounts but theyve been in for over a year with no dramas and all torqued correctly. Oem driveshafts too.

I did have a look and everything looked ok top side.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Is it a vibration you can hear (in the sense that you say it’s not a heat shield), or a vibration you can feel?

When I put my dodgy J&R driveshaft on recently, I noticed the balancing weight had slipped on the old one -> could be the cause? Obviously this would be a ‘feely’ vibration rather than a ‘heary’ one :smile:.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
What about the dog bone?

With the vibratecnics engine and gearbox mount, the dog bone is largely irrelevant.

Best 300 quid I spent on the car, in fact no, best thing I ever did to the car.

Gearstick doesn’t move a millimetre under accel or decel, which should tell you all you need to know.