ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very wet Brands Hatch in my 172 with Jake Hill on board

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Jake is a mate of mine, I grew up with him & my old man instructs with his old man.

Good lad and a good peddler!

Did a track day at Brands on Monday 3rd Nov. and had some tuition from Jake Hill. He owns a 172 cup!

I been looking recently for track time at brands and couldn't find any. Working near brands at the min so wouldn't mind an evening session.
I assumed they stopped t days till new year. Must be looking on the wrong websites.

mk1 Octavia VRS
Jake is a mate of mine, I grew up with him & my old man instructs with his old man.

Good lad and a good peddler!
Ah nice! Yeah I had a good chat with him about Clios. CS day at Brands next year with Jake giving instruction?!

I been looking recently for track time at brands and couldn't find any. Working near brands at the min so wouldn't mind an evening session.
I assumed they stopped t days till new year. Must be looking on the wrong websites.
There are quite a few listed on the MSV website at the moment including some for early next year. No evening sessions till the summer though because it gets dark far too early now.
Good vid. That's a very wet lap! Feel sorry for the kit csrs on track. :)
Cheers, yeah there was a river running across the start/finish straight, lots of standing water on the inside of Graham Hill bend and then another river or two along the Cooper straight. Only managed one spin all day which was my error. A few wobbles through Paddock and GH but all sorted by planting my right foot!
Yeah can't have been much fun in the Caterhams etc. None of them came past me all day!

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Were you with Richards organised group on Briskoda? :) Bit gutted I missed it still :p

mk1 Octavia VRS
@tony.g they are AD08Rs 195/50/15. About 6mm on the fronts and a bit less on the back. I'm really impressed with them.

@Jack-C cheers! The wet trackday I did at Rockingham definitely helped and my car just seems to handle really predictively which gives confidence with how hard you can push it.

Hoping to go back to brands in the dry next year!

clio 182
Watching you, I think I will be looking for a set of ad08's. I've got some 15" wheels for them..

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody hell, that was wet!
I'll be at brands on the same rubber in a week or two - haven't decided which day to go for yet but if it's not dry I think I'll leave the road tyres on. Only got 2mm of tread on two of the AD08s and don't fancy that on standing water :)

mk1 Octavia VRS
Watching you, I think I will be looking for a set of ad08's. I've got some 15" wheels for them..

If you haven't ordered yet, you can get 10% off at Blackcircles with a discount code. Only about £266 for a set of four! I'm tempted to order some although mine still have a fair bit of tread left.

Nice and tidy there, good stuff.
Kit cars are the most fun in that weather!
Thanks! I imagine there'd be a number of buttock clenching moments around one lap in one of those cars!
Bloody hell, that was wet!
I'll be at brands on the same rubber in a week or two - haven't decided which day to go for yet but if it's not dry I think I'll leave the road tyres on. Only got 2mm of tread on two of the AD08s and don't fancy that on standing water :smile:
I think there was some people on here considering 14th December? I might go to that if the forecast looks good nearer the time.

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Thanks! I imagine there'd be a number of buttock clenching moments around one lap in one of those cars!
No probs, credit where due :)
Haha, butt-clenching moments happen in any car if you're at full chat, it's just kit cars you're wet through as well :D