ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

very strange misfire.... HELP

clio 172 cup
Hello

Well i have a clio 172 cup. i get a slight misfire below 2000rpm. BUT.... this only happens after i have been for a run in the car. ie i can start it up from cold , the car is rough when cold and pops and bangs on over run but no misfire. it will heat up to the running temp and no misfire. if i turn the car off for 5min to 1 hour and return to the car i have a misfire below 2000rpm.

Note,: no warning lights on dash board at any time.

when the temp outside was very cold i was not getting this problem but now the temp is increasing outside its started again.

any ideas ? anyone had this before?

im thinking upstream lambda? but i do not know.
any help appreciated.

Chris.

clio 172 cup
UPDATE: blue flashes coming from top left of coil pack when misfire occurs. could anything cause this to arc? or is it just a dodgy coil pack or ht lead?

Ph2 172
A slight misfire after warming up will mean a lead is arcing. And then a blue spark, well thats the clincher lol. So Id say same as above :)

LY R26 #288
HT leads for sure. I had the same problem on mine. cold starts were fine. Then it would start missing when it got warm. Only took a few days before it came undrivable.