ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very high idling on my 172.

Abarth 595
It's only started today but the idle is very high on my 172. Around 3k revs. What could be the most common causes?

Clio 1.2 MkII Ph1
Take your foot off the accelerator ;)... Nah, just kidding. I was going to suggest it being the choke, as the weather's doing a little bit of a crazy turn at the moment and getting cold overnight, but I don't think a choke would rev your engine that high. If it's not that, then I'm stumped :(.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
a failed gasket on the inlet manifold i'd suggest. Or the rubber o ring at the back under the it has gone crusty and fallen out.

Start with the cheapest solutions first!

Renault Clio182 bean
This car wont have a choke ( in reply to an above comment) it will have a fast idle speed for a cold engine but this will drop when the engine warms up. Check for air leaks around the inlet manifold, i.e brake servo pipe, map sensor fitted correctly. Also try cleaning the throttle body to start with. :)