ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very heavy steering

Clio 172
I have a 172 and when stationary or crawling the steering is very heavy like there is no PAS. Is this normal or is it just due to the speed? It seems to come and go but atm its coming alot!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I've always found the 172 steering A LOT heavier than my Dads dci Clio - any cures for that? :)

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Firstly, you shouldn't really ever have to turn the wheels when stationary. Secondly, are you running standard width front wheels?

Will always be a bit heavier when going very slowly, but if it's too heavy I suggest getting down the gym ;)

Clio sport 182
right with what you have said hear is a little test todo to determin if the PAS is working
# turn ur ingnition on so light are displayed (engine not running)
# using one hand pull down on steering wheel so u have a bit of resistance
# then while you do the above start the car and you should feel the resistance on the wheel dissapear and the steering should go light
that will determin if you PAS is working if it does not do the above Pas is not working and u have a fault somewhere

also have you checked the PAS fluid level ?