ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very dangerous problem!!

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Was driving along the dual carraigeway today on my way home from work (been driving for around 15 20 mins and all seemed fine.

Come up to a roundabout at 50ish mph and started braking and to my horror, the pedal hit the floor, not sure why but was fine until this point. Very lucky the road was quiet and not wet!

Lifted the pedal and pumped it a few times when i got the chance and the brakes came back shortly after and has been ok ever since.

Anyone got any ideas? dont want to drive it now!

Its just had new discs and pads on all corners. Fitted on monday

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Don't need to bleed them when fitting new discs and pads though.

can some times push the calipers back in without opening a bleed nipple..most people do..can sometimes cause the master cylinders seals to turn/damage..etc..not very often but can happen..

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Sorted! :)

o/s rear inner pad had fallen out!! causing all the fluid in the system to go to that caliper.

strange coincidence as i had the same thing at the weekend with my birds car, she was complaining about a knocking noise and it was the outer pad on hers!

Not happy as its the same guy that done brakes on both our cars, the small metal bar that holds them in was missing on both cars! seems to me that he thinks its not needed!

421 Cammed 172
id do more than make him aware. It could have been deadly.

Id go and see about getting all of your money back. Bad rep can do alot to crush a company so he'll be wanting to avoid any bad words about him being passed on.

I certainly wouldn't be happy at all if i were in your place!!

BMW M135i
You went back after he screwed up once? Its blatently apparently that that bar is required to hold the pads in as the flop about all over the place without it.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
didnt know he screwed up! thought it maybe fell out on the birds car as it was a while ago she got them done, and only noticed a problem at the weekend! then seen mine today and knew something wasnt right with his work!

after some good negotiating he gave me new pads and new discs as my brand new one is all pitted on the inner side and i refused to leave until i got the whole axle set, even if they are only days old!

Fitted them myself this time and all seems well! got a chance to get my calipers painted too :D

Ph1
The sliding bar can NOT drop out if its been put in, even if the little securing clip has been left out.

Geezzz both pads must have been rattling about like mad. Get the other side checked quick !!