ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vee vs FRS

clio 182
Iv always loved V6 clios think they look the dogs danglers, but seen a very smart Focus RS the other day carbon spliter lowerd nice sound from the pipe etc, got me thinking what id prefer obviously a FRS has rear seats and the VEE does'nt.

My question to you is.... If you had the money and had to buy one or the other what one would you go for ????
Think these power figuers are rite!

Focus RS (2002-2003) was, in Capito-speak, perhaps a slightly aggressive cod, with 212bhp and 229lb ft of torque. The 2009 RS can do 163mph. With applied scientific brutality, it can reach 60mph from rest in a claimed 5.9 seconds

VEE
Engine: V6, 2946cc, 4ohc, 24v Max power: 255bhp @ 7150rpm Max torque: 221lb ft @ 4650rpm 0 - 60mph: 5.8sec (claimed) Top Speed: 153mph (claimed)

Im still in the middle... Pics would go good to if anyone has some good uns'???

RS...
100_0110.jpg

VEE
707746-1.jpg

Last edited:
catn go wrong with either tbh, but i would imagine the V6 will hold its value better as the new RS is on the scene now

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
vee definatly, focus is a nice car but interior is shockingly bad and not as special imo

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
as much as i love the v6 i think i would take the rs boost ftw

clio 182
Agree with you there on the interior and with the value of the vee now the new RS is here the older RS will lose its value.

AS for power they'r more or less the same are'nt they? looks wise i suppose a fatter V6 is better looking than just flared arches of the RS, obviously the new RS is the new b**ch on the scene but thats another story,

ST
Focus every time, that Vee doesn't look 'much' of an example to go by anyway, you'd need to look at the likes of Big Iain's uber rare Mars red, cat171's again uber rare illiad Mk1 or Ali's prime example MK2.

astra coupe on coilovers
boost ftw id have to go for the frs interior is better and more power available :) v6 looks awsome though

i dont know about paper facts but on the road, standard vs standard the vees are a tad faster (both mk1 & mk2), but its miles cheaper/easier to make the focus quicker. with relatively minor tuning, the focus gets the edge.

in terms of presence, rarity, fun and looks, i think the vee wins hands down.

the focus is a great car and i always enjoy seeing them. it was one of the cars i considered when i got the vee, but they just arent quite as special or fun, so with my money i went for the vee!

if the vee is too OTT for you or you need the extra seats, go for the focus. im sure you would be well happy with it!!! im not sure on running costs of the FRS, but id guess they are cheaper than the vee.

172 cup
Not quite the same but had to decide between 172 cup and st170 when I was looking at getting a new car and the Clio won hands down, ford just seemed cheap and bland in comparison. I'd definately go for the vee over rs

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Depends entirely on how you'd use the car - had similar coversation with my housemate when he bought his Vee - if it's purely to be used as a toy the Vee wins hands down imo

saying that, there are much better cars around for the same sort of money and the FRS is 1 of them, and if it's not to be used purely as a toy then I'd take the focus

No doubt both cars will be immense fun to drive, the focus is more practical space wise but is doesn't mean the Vee is a lot less so - shopping trips are funny to see the looks on ppl's faces when the stuff goes under the bonnet :cool:

Very difficult choice to make tbh and I'll bet whatever 1 you choose you'll regret not going for the other :rasp:

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Not quite the same but had to decide between 172 cup and st170 when I was looking at getting a new car and the Clio won hands down, ford just seemed cheap and bland in comparison. I'd definately go for the vee over rs

I'd choose a valver over an ST170, never mind a 172 cup :rasp:

impreza sti prodrive
focus rs for me,

those who say the old shape focus rs will loose the value are talking out there arse or dont no anything about them.

the focus prices haved dropped along with everything else BUT they wont go any lower im sure of this. the new frs for 2009 will boost prices for the mk1 frs. i guarantee, just watch.

Burgandy 174 sport t
focus rs for me,

those who say the old shape focus rs will loose the value are talking out there arse or dont no anything about them.

the focus prices haved dropped along with everything else BUT they wont go any lower im sure of this. the new frs for 2009 will boost prices for the mk1 frs. i guarantee, just watch.

I agree, mk1 vee's seem to be alot rarer now and seem to be holding money well for a good one! Even to the point of almost merging with mk2's

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
focus for me i belive it will handle better than a vee ! vee still wins on looks everytime .

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i'll bet my car that a FRS on boost will run the same mpg as the vee. (Ask GaryG) I'll also guarentee the Vee will make you smile everytime you drive it and i'll also bet ma boaby that the Vee wil remain special well into the future. Your call. Not sure what the vee's like any more it's been a while.

Avoid the mk1, they are special but the revisions made to the mk2, and the overall looks/newness and interior win and will hold value better.

Love the focus colour. But in std trim it is slower than the vee, i had a blast against one up the duel carrageway a couple of yrs back. Mod'd FRS will see 400bhp.

Renaultsport 200
If you need space then the frs

If you don't then there is no other car for the money id want thats for sure.

V6

I actually wanted an FRS before I got my vee, I still like the FRS a lot, but the looks of the vee/madness of it did it for me :cool:

Focus every time, that Vee doesn't look 'much' of an example to go by anyway, you'd need to look at the likes of Big Iain's uber rare Mars red, cat171's again uber rare illiad Mk1 or Ali's prime example MK2.
Cheers fella :approve: