ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Various 172 Sensors/ARB Sizes

Clio 172
Hello Chaps,

The 172 has a decidely rough tickover which shakes the car when stood still and has a noticable missfire to a point where people have said something.

I know where the Pre and Post Cat Lamda sensors are and the pre cat will be changed shortly once I have bought one.

I've just located the VVT Solenoid next to Spark Plug 4 and the MAP sensor just above it.

One the otherside there is a small grey sensor which is pushed into the Phelnum but I don't know what this is and I am unable to locate the TPS and ECT which are also know to be contributing factors to a lumpy idle.

Also do people know the rough prices for the above sensors from Renault? as over the next couple of months I'm going to change all the sensors and see where I am with the car.

Also I was looking up the various bushes last night on Powerflex and they note 2 different sizes for the inner and outer ARB does anyone know the correct sizing for a standard 172 on a 2003 plate.

Does anyone know what size spacers would be best for a 172 on cup springs? I want to stand the wheels out a bit more but not too much obviously to affect the arch.

Cheers
Al

Lots of Alfas
The grey sensor is the air temp sensor iirc. Is it a 172mk1 or mk2, the mk1 has a 24mm arb, but the ends pieces are 23mm. Im not sure if the mk2 is the same.