ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver

1.8 16v 84,000 mls and full fsh, tungy grey and standardwheels.

Looking to add stuff from my 5 to it.

£1995. Bargain?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

16v are a pretty old car now and imo you cant tell anything about how much the car is worth from milage/reg. Condition is everything on these cars, a well looked after rust free car is worth more than a neglected car with 50k less on the clock.

Depends on so many things. If its a J reg, Phase1, Phase2 etc.. condition, mods if any, condition (paintwork, engine, interior etc..)

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Or you could have mine, for £2,400. Williams blue (449) with 17s, s/s exhaust and de-cat, lowered, IK, colour coded strips, door handles, willy spoiler, full ICE system, clifford concept 500 cat1 alarm. Clear repeaters, magnecor leads. RR at genuine 136.5 bhp at BB tuning - regarded as very accurate rollers.

92 K - 106k - new gearbox (2002 less than 10k) and clutch (Jan 04 0 less than 2k), now having a fuel pump fitted in the next few days. (Obviously cant sell until thats done)

[Edited by Matt16v on 22 July 2004 at 10:56am]

its a 93 L reg and is pretty standard except for an induction filter. Shifts nicely and looks very much like my 5. Just been talking to my AA insurance ppl about changing cars, are these group 12? my 5 was 14/15.

Insurance Groups mean very little by the time a car is 10+ years old (and before then too). They are a guide for insurers when a car is new with no claims history and guide insurers on likelihood of theft, likely driver profiles and repair costs. As time goes on, insurers own actuaries will have made their own assessments of cars and IGs go out of the window as the "real" data about crashes, driver profiling and parts costs come to light.

This is why a Williams usually doesnt cost that much more to insure than a 16V, despite being five IGs higher (jumped from £600 to £700 when I did that swap).

As for the car, it sounds about right to me. Id try to get a 16V owner to look at the car for you though - they can be very expensive to repair.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

i paid £1750 for an m reg with 104k on it. Its not missed a beat in 6 months. BARGAIN