ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver rev limit ???

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph
got my valver chipped now, revs to just under 8000 rpm, i usually only take it to 7500, but i have taken it to the limit a few times how ever is it wise taking it over 7500 rpm??? can it take it or will it just blow the pistons out the bottom 1 day?

Is it only chipped?

Limit should only be about 7.6K

You really need more fuelling (i.e. cams etc.) if your taking it to 8K....

J

jamesy

if its been chipped then the fuel map surely has been enhanced anyway along with the ignition

its decated, IK, chipped and remapped, limits at 7.8 i think, dont iek taking it to the limiter sounds horrible lol, need to get it rolling roaded soon see wats making now.

MK1 Clio 16v
I hate redlining my valver i feel like it's going to explode. How do you rev it to 7000+ without feeling the same way?!

sounds ok at 7.3ish, after that i think it sounds liek it wants to blow haha only take itover the 7ks if i got a reason to, aka racing,