ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Manifold on Willy engine/exhaust

Polo GTi

Right I have aquired a Valver manifold and downpipe, and have ecountered some different problems that 2live had when fitting his.

Manifold fits ok, down pipe attaches ok, but where ever the downpipe is placed its very very close to an engine/gearbox mount, which makes me thinks its gonna rattle its ass off when driving.

Has anyone else had this problem or is this what you do when you have a Valver manifold.....the thing that gets me wondering whether or not I have the correct Valver downpipe?

Any help appreciated people.

Cheers

Rob

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by matbrown on 10 August 2005
It does sit rather close to the dogbone mount. Mat.

Rather as in very hehe, a few mm at best.

Problem is downpipe spurts off at a spurious angle, so my guy is gonna chop it and change the angle of it so it actually fits the rest of the exhaust.

Seems a pain in the arse to get it to fit, when nobosy else has moaned about it, every other post seems a straight on jobbie.

Trophy

I dont see how it can come off at a funny angle, as its attached using a collar so can be swiveled 360.

Mat.

Polo GTi

Well its not really funny angle, I can swivel the down pipe around so its not at an angle but then its touching the dog bone mount almost, which I assume will knock?

[Edited by FlamingMonkey on 8/11/2005 11:12:04 AM]

Trophy

Where did you get the downpipe from?

Not sure if the 19 16v ones are different, is the heatshield whole on both sides or does one side have a sort of strap?

Mat.

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by matbrown on 11 August 2005Where did you get the downpipe from?Not sure if the 19 16v ones are different, is the heatshield whole on both sides or does one side have a sort of strap? Mat.

Got if from Infincar, Paul assures me its the right one

Heat shield was on both sides as a whole I think, although I cant remember, and have been removed to give a little bit more room.

[Edited by FlamingMonkey on 8/11/2005 11:35:40 AM]