ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver gearbox problem?

Blue 1.8 16v
recently got a new gearbox, when my car came back i could feel a thud in my left foot everytime i gave it some and came off the throttle sharply, as if the gearbox was moving.

got worse, so got it on the ramp and two of the four bolts holding the subframe on had 'fallen' out. so i thought this was the problem.wrong.
got better but it still does it, its seems at its worst going into second and third.

thought it was the engine mounts but they dont seem to bad, dont really kno how to check them. keep thinkin if they didnt tighten the subframe bolts properly what else might they have not done.
any ideas wot it might be?

cheers alex :S

it sounds to me like it has to be a mount of some sort - i would go about checking the dog bone mount - its the one underneath the engine block which connects the chassis to the engine - check that as its a common thing to go on valvers

MK1 Clio 16v
Get underneath the car, you'll see it right near where the exhaust goes up into the engine.

If its there, check to see how loose it is. Mine was totally shot, replaced it with a new one and it hadn't made much difference to be honest, tempted to replace it with something a bit tougher..

1996 Valver
^^Thats the dog bone mount, likely to be this, but may be the main GB mount, Located uinder the battery tray.

Welcome to the club dude, nice to see another member from Oxford:D