ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver front splitter removal

Beetle

ive got a splitter that i want to put on my valver, but the rubber one looks like its gonna be a b!tch to remove because of all the pot rivvets (or whatever there called) that its attached with.

what would be the easiest way to go about doing this?

have i got to drill the pot rivvets to get it off?

would it be easiest to take the front bumper off in order to do it bearing in mind the cars been lowered?

and also would it be an easy enough job to put the rubber one off of the front onto the back bumper?

any advice is much appreciated, thanks, scott.

drill the op riverts out wont be that bad compaired to some jobs.

Removing the bumpers easy.

Loosen the two nuts under the front of the car holding the bumper to the underside of the car (no need to remove them just loosen then).

Remove the numberplate and youll see the nut in the whole in there take this out.

The next bolts are a pain to get to Im not 100% sure you can do this with the wheels on if you have mudguards (mine have all been removed) I think you can but youll probably end up removing them to find the bolt. Best idea to find it is to stuck your hands up just infront of the wheel the bolt is just beloe the join to the front wing and about 6 inches infront of where the bumper ends. There just one bolt on easy side.

(For the next bit having a friend hold one side helps first time).

Once youve done this the bumper might almost fall off if not then there are tow plastic tabs you need to pull the bumper gently out on one side and forwardsthen it will just come away. One youve taken if off youll see how to put it back on.