ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Cut Out!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

While im on the subject of fixing the bugger I wondered if anyone could tell me if this is common or not....

The more I have on in the car the more everything dims, slows down, the heater you can hear speeding up and slowing down when the accelerators pressed for example - now I know thats what happends in any car but mine does it an awful lot - Must point out about 2 months ago I left the lights on and had to get a jump as the battery went flat.

The main one that concerned me was when last Friday I had an operation stayed in over the weekend and eventually got back into the car for the first time the following thrursday - nearly a week - The moaned to be started then just constantly cut out when I tried to idle -I had to keep it at 2k for a good few minutes till it would idle properly.

First times its done this but its never been left more than a day before..

Cold weather? Or is my battery Buggered? Answers on a postcard.....

well my valver does none of the above when its cold , just when u rev it more the heaters blow a tiny bit more but nothing much,so i guess its gotta be something to do with your battery ?

Skoda Fabia vRS

get your car to your local Motor World, a battery test takes about 3 seconds and will show you the voltage and the amps the battery has

if you live in the North West come to the St Helens one and ill do it for you mate, oh an it is free

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by mark16v on 13 December 2003

sounds like the altinater to me mate , run some volt checks on it
Why does this scare me? :(

Im having my tensioner fixed after xmas would it be a wise idea to get em to test the alternator there and then? gwan scare me with the price of an alternator....

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Quote: Originally posted by Daz0rz on 13 December 2003

Quote: Originally posted by mark16v on 13 December 2003

sounds like the altinater to me mate , run some volt checks on it
Why does this scare me? :(

yeah get it checked cuz they arent very easy to change!

Im having my tensioner fixed after xmas would it be a wise idea to get em to test the alternator there and then? gwan scare me with the price of an alternator....