ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver aint starting !

well just my dumb luck really , i picked my valver up from a mate last night and brought it back to mine , went to start it an hour later and nothing !
now the car has never had this problem before so i cant think of what it can be ......
the car trys starting but just wont fire if that makes sense which makes me think it could be the spark plugs, even tryed bumping it last night and didnt have no luck ............
any help guys
cheers
scott

Not a Clio
silly and obvious but it's not flooded is it?

I flooded my Old Astra GSi just moving it up and down the drive out of the way of my mrs's car. Had to get the AA out, took a good 10 mins with their heavy duty battery to get it going!

Check the electrical system back, plugs(one plug gone is unlikley to stoop it starting), HT leads, dizzy cap, King HT lead, coil(common problem).

Check the charge in the battery.

Check you have fuel getting through

Engine is turning over so its not the starter motor