ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver ABS Saved My Life!!! :o

....well to be fair it didnt save my life but this morning it did save me having a crash!! ;)

On my way to work approaching some traffic lights that were green, as they go amber the micra in front slammed on its anchors waaaaaaay early and caught me by surprise!! :eek:

Down went the middle pedal and ABS to the rescue!! Mustve stopped withing inches of his bumper cos i braced myself for the dink!! :eek:

So i just thought id mention it as theres been so much debate about ABS and whether its worth it and whether the 16v ABS is any good or is dated shonky technology!!

Well from this mornings experience the 16v ABS is fookin awesome!! And i am sooooooo glad to have it or i would have been fooked!! :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I just needed abs! Theres a kiddie round my way with an St200 and ive race him twice and each time hes slammed his anchors on and made me lock out!

I couldve done with it in the wet a few weeks ago when a lorry did something stupid - been reading reviews of my tyres since tho and they score terribly on wet braking! :sick:

The Jinx

Cant get mine to even lock up, let alone the ABS cut in, but have used it to avoid death when I had a Xsara and I was most grateful.

and if u think there are folks who claim they can brake better without ABS and i know even a couple folks who removed it from their integrale. a 1300kg car.

Quote: Originally posted by mike8579 on 20 February 2004
Cant get mine to even lock up, let alone the ABS cut in, but have used it to avoid death when I had a Xsara and I was most grateful.

Indeed!!

Ive read a few ABS related threads on here lately about people saying you only need ABS if you cant drive and sh!t like that!!

What a load of crap! You should never need ABS for ragging down country roads and stuff but in an emergency stop situation you cant fault it!! :)

Ive got ABS and I am in no way saying its a bad thing but I thought it just helped when driving around something you were avoiding and doesnt actually affect straight line braking distances, you may well prove me wrong but thats what I thought ?

The Jinx

I used it to avoid decapitation by the rear bumper of a high transit van that pulled out on me. Id have been dead if it wasnt for the golf next to be also braking thus giving me a lane to swerve in to.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

I once went on a little test up a random industrial estate with a mate of mine - did 30, 40, 60 80mph distances in the rain - stopped with abs and he chalked the said stopping points - took the fuse out and disabled the abs.. well..

30 was slightly shorter due to it reacting slightly more quickly but 40, 60, 80 was miles better (not literally!).

I wouldnt do without it on the valver..

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by G16NNN on 20 February 2004

Down went the middle pedal and ABS to the rescue!! Mustve stopped withing inches of his bumper cos i braced myself for the dink!! :eek:

im not that way inclined;)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

abs has been proven to work.as from the middle of this year every new car sold has to have abs as standard hence the discontinuation of the 172 cup.

lol @ dink16v! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Daz0rz on 20 February 2004

by the way G16NNN did you get my pm about the leather?

well yes but...

"Your Private Message "RE: The Custom Leather..", has not been sent!

Daz0rz has exceeded the maximum number of Private Messages they are allowed to receive."