ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valve Springs

FRST and 106 GTi

hum... here it is a nice topic.

Ive seen every kind of valve springs you can imagine.
Single ones
Dual
Triple valve springs
Titanium ones...

damn... Triple titanium valve springs would be my guessing for best performance.
Im waiting for the delivery of an ordenary dual valve springs... How can this affect the timings of opening/closing the valves?
This was adviced by a good friend of mine that was a AX GT tunner for racing.

BUTRE

Why are you changing them.... ?

If the original spring is working correctly, you dont need to change them or if you do you will not notice any difference .

Dual and triple often allow for higher lift due to reduce coil thickness.

titanium are for reduced coil width and weight..

unless you have a hairy cam, or your original springs are knackered, I wouldnt bother..

waste of dosh

Joe

FRST and 106 GTi

hum... tx for the advice. My car is going to hit now 110k km. I feel like from 5000rpm to 6000rpm it doesnt have that push that once had.
In the earlier days, the spring valves were changed for dual ones in the AX GT so that it wouldnt lose power when getting near the red line.
Since the valves dont close 100%, with dual springs it would help a little them to close and stay firmly closed at higher rpm.
I was asking if anyone had done that kind of mod in a clio enginne.

BUTRE