ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Values of Good nick 197

focus mk1
Hi all

Does anyone think Clio 197's ( good examples only with FSH, etc ) have anymore to go down in value?
At the moment it looks like £5k+ for something under 55,000 miles with FSH, have they bottomed out?

Listerine & Poledo
Not at all, they'll keep falling as the cars age.
"Special" ones (as in factory specials, as opposed to 'bilt, not bort' specials) will command a bit more.
And in about another 5 years the generic examples will have totally bottomed out.

focus mk1
I thought so kind of, in the market for a 197 and just wondering if £5k is a fairprice for a standard spec one with good history.

Reason I say that is beacuse £7k get's a 200 with more spec, same mileage and obviosuly a newer car.

Does the value generally differ from a 197 to a 197 cup?

Having looked around (not in depth over a period), you get high priced and bargain examples of each, so it's difficult to gauge.

Spec must count for something also I suppose.

I'm just a sucker for the cup decals.

focus mk1
No not really to be honest..

Your right it's a difficult market to gauge which can be annoying

focus mk1
Suprised at the value of them to be honest £5k+ for one with service history for what is essentially a 8 year old Clio.

Going to give the clio a miss.

BG Clio 182
Hi all

Does anyone think Clio 197's ( good examples only with FSH, etc ) have anymore to go down in value?
At the moment it looks like £5k+ for something under 55,000 miles with FSH, have they bottomed out?
Buy a 182?

focus mk1
Don't want a 182 otherwise they do seem good value.

Not an investment your right but like I said 5.5k on a 8 year old clio that's 1 facelift and model behind dosent seem like good value. In my own opinion of course.

I could be totally wrong.

focus mk1
Yeah I appreciate what you're saying and still want one, my brother had a 56 plate from new which I loved.

It's just tempting to put another 3k and get a 130i or something along them lines.

Still on the lookout though.

The same 197's have been on autotrader for ages so maybe some haggling can be done.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Boggo spec (06 with no options) have dropped below £4k recently!

With the rest following suit. Decent spec ones can be had around £5k.

Hero spec liquid yellow ones still command £9k though.

Haters-gonna-hate.gif

BG Clio 182
Why?
It'd have to be a totally standard Trophy to be worth mothballing.
A 182 with cup packs and a load of bolt-on 'improvements' won't ever be worth much more than it is now
This isn't a thread on how best to invest his budget as he certainly wouldn't be buying a clio with it? Not a 5 grander anyway.

Nothing wrong with it really. I'd rather have a well sorted low mileage minter 182 than a w**k 197 Imo.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
That's the clincher really. If your even considering a 130i then you should probably avoid a 197.
All the N/A Clio sports are just a bearable daily version of cars from days gone by. That's why I went for the cup. It's even less daily than the rest. The MK3's moved the game along a bit regarding the daily drive aspect but it's no BMW by a long shot.

Listerine & Poledo
Sorry, yep, my bad, got my threads mixed up.
as for the 130i
Why not just get a 330 and be done with it. More practical, less scope-looking

Mini GP2
I paid £6300 for mine last year in April. Cup, Belts done, 8 stamps, 46k, no recaro's. Currently on 54k now, if i was selling i would want £5500 which would include a service.