ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vag 02m gearbox on a non turbo ?

BG FF 182
I'm planning on getting a high boost conversion but i want to get the car setup ready for it, how well would the 02m box run on a non turbo 182 ?

BG FF 182
I would rather do it right the first time instead of changing the box every so often, it needs to be reliable

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
a clio box is able to stand up to being turbocharged. but if your going to go down that route of "doing it right first time" turbocharge it and put the box on at the same time

172 cup, Impreza P1
My advice would be to get it running properly first before spending another £3k on it.

225 powered mk2
Ive had my ph1 turbo'd for 3 years now, And ive only been through 1 gearbox. As said get it setup right first and then look into the conversion.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
How are people finding the feel of the 02m gearbox? I had one years ago on a golf V6 4motion and found it had a horrible feel. Compared to a 182 gearbox which gives a nice feel when going into gear the 02m felt sloppy and didnt really click into gear with a nice feel. Having the 6th gear is nice though.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
If your going hi boost/low comp you would be better having it all done at once, I think a n/a clio with a tdi box would be horrible to drive.