ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 wheels corroding

what do v6 owners use on there wheels?

i used some wonder wheels yesterday, and ive never had a problem on other cars, but one of the wheels has started to lose its paint.

have i caused the damage or are they just poorly lacquered?

oh yes, its a mk1

cheers

[Edited by iwantaV6 on 01 August 2004 at 7:20pm]

Probs the wonder wheels causing damage!!!

Only ever had probs with wonder wheels... Done the same on my Ipmpreza wheels and ones in my 172...

I normally get wheel cleaner from a local valeting firm... Big tub costs 30 quid but lasts ages as needs diluting with water...

well they aintr getting away with it. im going to make them pay! ive used wonder wheels on so many cars, and its never given a prob. although i will now stop using it just incase.

well im waiting for the bodywork manager at renault to tell me whether its covered under warranty...

should it be covered? the cars only done 4k surely if id knackered the finish with wonder wheels then all 4 would be like it?

320d

I would have thought it should be covered. If you buy aftermarket wheels the warranty for the laquer on them lasts until you kerb them, after that they dont cover you because youve caused the damage. If your wheels arent kerbed then it sounds like you might have been unlucky and got a bad wheel - i wouldnt mention to reno you use any kind of acid cleaner such as wonder wheels.

update...the b4stards wont replace the wheel but they will refurb it. i wasnt happy as refurbs never seem to match perfectly so i phoned reno UK to which they said i can like it or lump it. i got angry and threatened to tell all the top magazines how crap their warranty is.....they didnt care.

now its going in for 4 days whilst they send the wheel off to spit and polish in kent (who are they) and then if im unhappy with the finish then they will redo it.

another 4 days without my car!

Wheel Cleaners (acid based) are bad news if used too aften, tried it once and thats the last time!....as the lacquar gets eaten away (even turned my nice black callipers white due to a bit or careless spraying). Its important that after applying it you use ordinary car polish on the wheels so the brake dust just easily washes away next time. Or ull need to use the acid cleaner again to remove the next lot of brake dust!.. as it sticks to the wheels without them being polished.

well other than the shaft and this its all ok.

might aswell use the warranty to the full b4 it expires in september - reno want £498 for an extra years warranty.