ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6/trophy boot struts

corsa D / 172 clio
hi guys

im thinking about getting myself a trophy spoiler and realise i will need shorter boot struts (i expect if i sold a kidney and my liver i could just about afford to get them from renault!!):dead:

my question is could anyone please tell me the overall length of the shorter trophy struts please as i am working on getting some standard ones shortened.

any help would be much appreciated

cheers

chris:D

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Hi There Chris.

Standard boot struts for the V6 spoiler are around £218+vat each from renault and they are rubbish as when the weather is cold the boot struts dont stay up and the boot lid falls down.

There was a post made on cliotrophy.co.uk about these which i have copied and pasted below for you.

------------

Some of you may or may not know when i bought my Trophy renault had replaced is failed V6 boot struts with standard 182 boot struts, as a result my spoiler rubbed on the roof annoying wearing it down a bit
frown.png

Well i did alot of searching around on Cliosport for a set for a sale and spoke to renault and the cost new is well over £200

Then i stumbled accross these, £43 for a pair, theyre about 3mm shorter than the 182 struts meaning the boot opens alot further than on standard Trophy/V6 struts but is about 2mm shy of touching the roof, they were really easy to adjust the gas pressure down to what i required as well.

So if anyone needs new struts or is fitting a trophy spoiler to a standard 182

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/produc...633D4E4F4E4526