ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 problem - suggestions/help please

Clio-V6
Last few days, at the begining of my journey (mostly) the following happens.

Turn into a right hand turn, at medium pace, 20 ish if not slower in 2nd gear. From the rear of the car you can hear a high pitched whining sound as if your reversing quickly.

Pretty sure I had the trnsmition oil changed a few months back?

Could this be the rear diff etc?

Friend said it could be power steering?

Car is never thrashed or chucked about, driven hard etc

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

RenaultSport clio 18
at that speed i wouldnt of thoght a high pitched whine would come from the diff.
Check going on left turns too in same environment speed etc etc

Also check your pas oil!!!

If diff oil was on its way out than a grinding grumble type of noise would be evident
Hope helps

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
Is the rear diff' part of the gearbox and so lubricated by the transmission oil? Sorry to sound a bit thick, but am still used to how my old Skyline worked - seperate rear diff

Nik

Is the rear diff' part of the gearbox and so lubricated by the transmission oil? Sorry to sound a bit thick, but am still used to how my old Skyline worked - seperate rear diff

Nik

Yep its a PK6 with it integrated.

Freds insulting 1930's tractors though even 30's trackerrs have been gearboxes and diffs. No V6 will make it long as thr 1930's tractors gearboxes will. (and thats giving the V6 a 76 year head start)

Clio-V6
right i will check the PAS fulid in a mo

might gibe SG motorsport a call monday if i still have problems