ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 owners...

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Anyone local to West Midlands (telford) that would mind a meet up, look around and chat about the ph2 V6 currently looking at replacing my Nissan S15 and this is high on the list of replacement cars.

Illad blue or mars red is the colour I would like to see in person but any colour v6 if local would be good to see in person.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
I know saw it the other day didn't hang around long! Are these cars a good weekend toy?

BG V6, LY 182
Ask me next weekend.
Pick 'black frog' up this week sometime. It's the black one on pistonheads atm.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
That looks lovely! I can't find anything similar that will be a good weekend/fun car, I still miss my 172 but after having a 360bhp RWD car I think it wouldn't satisfy me the same but the V6 seems really special.

BG V6, LY 182
Honest there just something about them. No idea why Iv bought one. Infact will probably never will understand. Everyone thinks I'm mad. 'Its a only a clio' 'you'll never get your money back' 'what a waste' heard them all. Can't wait to prove them wrong.

Back on subject, I guess north east is too far.

An orange one
The mars phase 2's don't come up too often, that one last week was an absolute steal!

People don't realise that mars red is as rare as liquid yellow, there was only 18 of each but a few of the mars are cursed with being CAT D, meaning TV straight ones are even more sought after.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Yer north east is just a bit, one has come up in Birmingham blue but being sold by a dodgy garage. They seem really special, I love my rare cars as well last four I have owned have been rare.

good point could get in touch with him perfect man to speak to about them as well.

Yer after doing some more research blue is the common colour and the rest seem all rare even silver?! Just mars red in the sunlight looks epic! Sell me yours Colin ;)

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Looked at the ph1 but heard the handling issues on them? 20k and I would of got that liquid yellow one that was for sale a few months back price budget is around 15k for me :(

will look in the meets section not far for me to travel, is Ash on here?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Looked at the ph1 but heard the handling issues on them? 20k and I would of got that liquid yellow one that was for sale a few months back price budget is around 15k for me :(

will look in the meets section not far for me to travel, is Ash on here?

I personally don't like the Ph1 v6. 15k should get you a tidy Mk2 example.

I'll hopefully have one on my drive before the end of the year ;)

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Just looked at mars red one on pistonheads cracking car just the interior is letting it down looks very dated. Is 60k a lot on these cars most seem to be around that mileage.

Heard about gearboxes common thing?

BG V6, LY 182
I was so tempted to buy that. I knew it would sell quicky.

Appreantly the guy who bought it is rather wealthy. Wanted the black one iv just bought aswell and made an offer on it. Just greedy having two though! He went to view it in his ferarri.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Yer they look nice in silver but my 172 was silver my car after that was silver and the car I have now is silver!! So guessing miles are no problem as long as well looked after?

Think my car will be for sale next month, start hunting down a V6.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Appreantly the guy who bought it is rather wealthy. Wanted the black one iv just bought aswell and made an offer on it. Just greedy having two though! He went to view it in his ferarri.

What a b*****d! Tbh if I was wealthy I would have one in every colour in a special built garage.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I've been in Ash's and its definitely a totally different experience. .
Id recommend going to a stealer and taking a test drive. ..

Ly 200 & V6
15k will get you a nice one! Only ever seen 2 with cream interior and they look a bit naff! Good luck in finding one.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
The Vee is an amazing car, but don't expect ridiculous speed. It isn't actually that quick. The whole experience of it, gearbox especially and the noise is lovely. I wouldn't write silver off its actually a really nice colour on the Vee. But if your after Mars the I'd stick with that.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Your more than welcome to come and have a look at mine. I am not the biggest fan of mars red but that one the other day made me think about having two v6's. I wouldn't get hung up on colour tbh just find one with a good history and join v6clio.net if I was you. I looked at six v6s before I got mine don't rush. It's not the fastest are in the world but there's something about them that's very..... Different every time I get in mine I get out wanting to get back in it and drive more. Don't worry about mileage if its bin looked after it'll be fine. I wouldn't say 60k is a lot at all it's a car that's 8years old. But depend what your after a you or garage queen. The only other thing is you get what you pay for with v6.

BG V6, LY 182
Your more than welcome to come and have a look at mine. I am not the biggest fan of mars red but that one the other day made me think about having two v6's. I wouldn't get hung up on colour tbh just find one with a good history and join v6clio.net if I was you. I looked at six v6s before I got mine don't rush. It's not the fastest are in the world but there's something about them that's very..... Different every time I get in mine I get out wanting to get back in it and drive more. Don't worry about mileage if its bin looked after it'll be fine. I wouldn't say 60k is a lot at all it's a car that's 8years old. But depend what your after a you or garage queen. The only other thing is you get what you pay for with v6.

Sums it up in a nutshell.

Although the one i just bought was the first one i seen. But as soon as i seen how clean it was, and the rammed folder of reciepts, certificates, pictures of shows its been at, even a copy of a letter inviting the previous owner to some show, i knew it had been well looked after.

I just wish it was wednesday already.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I and another thing the noise you will never get fed up of it even as standard exhaust sounds good. You must go for a little drive with the engine covers off but don't go to far it can make you a little dizzy.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Just making me want it more and more! Silver does look lovely its just i have had several silver cars so would love a different colour car, from videos they sound great so to be in one must be immense!

defo not going to rush got to sell mine first, as well as find the right one. Once I've been in one if I feel it's for me il join v6clio.net, it will be a little bit of a garage queen as il have a good old 106D to get me to work and around then V6 for the good blast and weekend.

​Ash il send you a PM now.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
I love my dads mars red mk2 that is all. :eek:

On a serious note, i think silver is the only colour i wouldn't have on a mk2 personally. I just adore the clio v6.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I think silver is good on a v6 I least like black gold. I don't think it stands out the same. If you were still able to buy one new I still think I would want a blue one, then maybe a liquid yellow or grey but not Luna grey. But Luna grey is epic and I also think there's one on v6clio.net forsale for the right price.