ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 or 225

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

just started new job so doing less miles so can now justify the v6 but id have to get second car to drive to work ( dont trust car park) or im tempted to get 225 megane and drive that all the time??

what do people think??

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

im only 22 though so the insurance is well steap on the v6 as im paying about 2grand for the 182 now.

the v6 is my number 1 choice but is going to cost a hell of a lot more as id need a second car for weekends away and to travel to work and back.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

just quoted myself as im writing this a licence for 2 years and 1 years ncb its 3 and a half grand insurance so i guess its saving time or swap to the 225 for now and get saving for the vee. ( just picturing my driveway a v6 plus megane225 mmmmmmmmmm)

1yeras NCB.................I recon a Vee is not on the cards :(

Cya Stu

PS Ive just asked for quote from 1st Alternative...........age limit must be over 30 :eek:

Golf R/Leon FR

id stick with the 182 until you could afford the vee.

thats expensive insurance for the 182, im 22 and my insurance on my 172 is £888

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

i can afford to buy it just but i would need second car as i do drive about 40 miles a day. just need to find somewhere that will let me have a test drive as not many places would let me drive even the 182 as i was too young apparantly

^^^^^now that I know about............ended up getting my dad to phone around for insurance last year............they just would NOT take me seriously some were really cheeky aswell.............its a hard life being young eh :D

Cya Stu

Hey jonny............group 17 :D..............wed be so lucky eh..............its group 20D.............thats as high as it gets :(

Cya Stu

Mark 1 Clio V6

I have owned a mk1 V and now have a 225.

The 225 is far better built and faster than a mk1 (sorry Stu), and Id say not far behind a mk2. Nothing on the road though looks or sounds (Ferrari maybe) like a V6.

It really depends what you want from a car.

If you want something that everyone will look at and try to race, get the V. From my experience of this; it was a real worry to leave the V parked anywhere as it attracts as much attention as a Pagani Zonda.

If you want something subtle that not many will bat an eyelid at, and can be used every day go for the 225.

You pays your money, you take your pick.

Get a 225 but make sure its either a Cup/Trophy or a normal one with Cup pack on it (same brakes/suspension setup as Cup and Trophy)

Elise/VX220/R26

If you want to drive it really hardcore all the time get the full fat 225 with the cup pack the vented brakes are the main benefit of that

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 03 August 2005

I have owned a mk1 V and now have a 225.

The 225 is far better built and faster than a mk1 (sorry Stu), and

Hello Craig,

Its Stuarts dad here (Stuart is in Cyprus), how is the new car going?

I had Stuarts car out today, I had to drop it of for the MoT and will collect tomorrow, although I have never driven a 225 or a Mk2 V6 I have to say personally that the V6 just gets better and better, its a car I could never get boared driving.

And Im still working on Stuarts mum with a view to buying a V6.............although this is turning out to be more of longer term plan than I had hoped :D

Bryan

Trophy 88/500

if it was my choice id get the V6 im 19 (just turned 19 yesterday tho) with 6points and im only paying £2200 for insurance on a 182 trophy. try loads of insurance companies out thats what i did my closest quote to what iv got was £3500. the meg is nice but the Vee is in a different class IMO!

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 03 August 2005

I have to say personally that the V6 just gets better and better, its a car I could never get boared driving.

Bryan

Hi Bryan, I would agree with what you say, I always get in to and out of my V6 with a big smile on my face, I love it.....:D

Simon.