ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 or 225?

Golf 7R
Horses for courses, you have a family and in need of the extra room and a boot, plus ample room for golf clubs get the meggy, if not and you have no ties, cash on the hip and crave exclusivity and a poser having a mid life crisis go for the Vee....simple!

Revels106 said:
Megane all day long. Rarer, handles better, looks better, more room!

and bottom line, its not just a clio with bigger arches!
"Just a Clio with bigger arches"?

And the small matter of a thumping mid-mounted V6

Megane will be an easy own but dead boring and gone in 6 months.

V6 is exotic, scary, hairy and achingly desirable.

What would you rather see every morning when you open your garage door?

Exactly.

133/225/CLS AMG
I went for a Megane 225 as for the £16500 I paid for it, I'd have only got a 2nd hand Clio v6 and that put me off.

Also the Megane is more practical bearing in mind that the V6 sould be too wide for my drive way.

But the V6 is an awesome car and is a real head turner. But if you bear in mind that in the right colour the Megane 225s are a real head turner and for £400 you'll get it remapped to 265bhp and it will keep up with a V6 so performance isn't really the question.

I'll be honest.............I love em both!! lol

Golf R soon...
V6 with:

1. Recaro black leather trendline seats
2. CLIO V6 ORBISOUD STAINLESS STEEL BACKBOX
3. BMC CARBON AIR BOX INDUCTION KIT
4. Some kind of supercharger
5. Motorised CD player
6. Decent ICE
7. and finally sprayed artic blue

Don't ask for much do I:rolleyes: :p

Nissan 350Z
speedynz said:
"Just a Clio with bigger arches"?

And the small matter of a thumping mid-mounted V6

Megane will be an easy own but dead boring and gone in 6 months.

V6 is exotic, scary, hairy and achingly desirable.

What would you rather see every morning when you open your garage door?

Exactly.

LMAO, exactly what I was thinking when I read that as well.

A 225 rarer than a V6.... hmmm I dont think so somehow, I can count on one hand how many V6's I've ever seen.

End of the day, the Meg is just like every other lard arsed turbo'd hot hatch out at the moment - i.e. nothing special. The V6 has a prope engine, with proper cc's, extra cylinders, proper location within the car, and with the correct wheels being driven. It is almost totally unique among cars. The Meg is just a souped up Meg, nothing more. I can bet the Meg doesnt have the following it seems to enjoy now in a few years once a few of them have gone bang from being chipped and abused :D

So to answer the question, I'd have a V6 any day. If I really needed seats, I'd go for the Focus ST or Astra VXR.

^^^^Good man^^^^

Except............

It doesn't have the chassis of the Focus, the punch (and unrulyness) of the Astra, the class and build of the Golf Gti or the competence of an Impreza.

Lard ass and one dimensional. Competent but soulless.

AlexJMills said:
I went for a Megane 225 as for the £16500 I paid for it, I'd have only got a 2nd hand Clio v6 and that put me off.

Also the Megane is more practical bearing in mind that the V6 sould be too wide for my drive way.

But the V6 is an awesome car and is a real head turner. But if you bear in mind that in the right colour the Megane 225s are a real head turner and for £400 you'll get it remapped to 265bhp and it will keep up with a V6 so performance isn't really the question.

I'll be honest.............I love em both!! lol

Isn't the V6 exactly the same width as a standard clio, wingmirror tip to tip?

KarlosFandango said:
Isn't the V6 exactly the same width as a standard clio, wingmirror tip to tip?

Yes I believe it is, but when you open the doors (which are wider and the sills)

Clio 172 mk2
V6 is a very nice car but I think I'd have to go for the Megane as it would be easier to live with/more practical

Clio v6 & Atom 300
DazG said:
V6 with:

1. Recaro black leather trendline seats
2. CLIO V6 ORBISOUD STAINLESS STEEL BACKBOX
3. BMC CARBON AIR BOX INDUCTION KIT
4. Some kind of supercharger
5. Motorised CD player
6. Decent ICE
7. and finally sprayed artic blue

Don't ask for much do I:rolleyes: :p

Hmmmm let me see.
1, New Recaros are in the pipeline.:D
2, Yes... well Quicksilver not Orbisoud, but equal quality and noise.
3, Yes already fitted.
4, Not unless your Mike T
5&6, you'll not hear it anyway so why bother.;)
7, Well its is already blue.

I'm happy

Peter:approve:

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Evo had a small article about the new megane F1 230 F262 somehting coming out soon....its in canary yellow and has a mssive 5 bhp increase in power which translates to nothing basically......how many more incarnations of the same car are we going to get.....increase its power already or better still make a road going Trophy Racer....

133/225/CLS AMG
I've been reading about the possibility of a Megane 230 on MeganeSport.net. The only worthwhile change if they do make a 230 is the limited slip diff they have planned.

To be honest though, a re-mapped Megane 225 is gonna be as quick anyway. Also, most of the Euro 4 engined (later 2005 onwards) Megane 225 have been pushing out over the claimed 225bhp anyway, some as much as 240bhp! :D

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
lei69gh said:
Horses for courses, you have a family and in need of the extra room and a boot, plus ample room for golf clubs get the meggy, if not and you have no ties, cash on the hip and crave exclusivity and a poser having a mid life crisis go for the Vee....simple!

Or alternatively own a second or third car....like me.....(who has a family, plys golf and needs space for shopping - I use the Vee for none of the aforementioned except for carting the wee lad around in the front seat)

Golf R soon...
Clio_V6_255 said:
Hmmmm let me see.
1, New Recaros are in the pipeline.:D
2, Yes... well Quicksilver not Orbisoud, but equal quality and noise.
3, Yes already fitted.
4, Not unless your Mike T
5&6, you'll not hear it anyway so why bother.;)
7, Well its is already blue.

I'm happy

Peter:approve:

Ok! lol!

How much you selling for then? If not whats your address so I can mug you of your keys! :p

Got any pics to prove the above :rasp:

Clio v6 & Atom 300
DazG said:
Ok! lol!

How much you selling for then? If not whats your address so I can mug you of your keys! :p

Got any pics to prove the above :rasp:

How rude.:clown:

She's not for sale i'm afraid. I was just posting to agree with your excellent taste in subtle mods!;)

If you don't believe I have the car PM me for more info. I know there ARE a lot of jokers out there!:nono:

Peter:D

133/225/CLS AMG
If you want to use it as your main car then go for the Megane, if its just as a weeken/toy then the V6 is the one!!!! :D :D :D

fuel economy - 225
fun - v6

went out in both at cadwell (mk2 vee and 225 f1) and the meg as so dull. the vee on the other hand was awesome :)

Mark 1 Clio V6
If you have a garage and no plans for a family (or available funds for a second car) it has to be the V.
Without a garage expect a congregation of kids to be around the car most days/nights.

The Megane is dull in comparison.

The V is a real ownership experience. The Megane isn't.