ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 on RR

my car is going on the rollers tomorrow.

what power can i expect to get at flywheel and wheels?

i have a 7000 mile old Mk1 with a piperX evo IK, otherwise standard.

what hav e other V6s got?

E91 M Sport

Why is it 221bhp with the induction kit? I thought that V6s were 230bhp standard (I know they can come out of the factory slightly under/over, but I didnt think by this much?)....or are you quoting at the flywheel??

*confused*

Hi,

im close to buying a mk1 V6 & intended getting an induction kit & ss exhaust (k-Tech?), im surprised that people are guessing low power figures, why is that? are induction kits not very efficient? Ive been advised that a good kit, will let the engine breathe easier & give a bit more at the top of the rev range. Ive read in the forum that K-Tech are quoting 16bhp for their exhaust, has anyone/does anyone know, someone with this system? is it any good?

V6 Clio

Assuming 15% transmission losses which is fairly well accepted for 2wd you should expect about 195bhp at the wheels to give 230bhp at the fly. All results Ive seen so far for the V6, including mine, show a little below that figure, though as has been mentoined different dynos will give give slightly different readings. Id expect to see anywhere between 180-200 at the wheels.

Figures for Mike Ts supercharged V6 should available in January and will be posted as soon as available................................might get some video too.

Renault Laguna Coupe

If you have £2,500 to spend, send a PM to BenR and hell do a proper job including the things you mention, and probably get you an extra 40bhp.

well after watching a few cossies and alot of rovers at Engine Advantages i finally got my go.

my flywheel result was:

225.2 bhp @ 6192 Rpm

205.1 lb ft 5004 rpm

comments were made by many that as my car is low mileage (7100 miles) is is still abit tight and will gain power once it loosens up, but i expect no more than a few BHP if that.

is my torque figure low or what?

at the wheels i had 163 bhp.

im overall quiet happy with the result, not entirely sure if anyone has hit 230 bhp standard?

E91 M Sport

Id be upset if I got those figures, especially with the induction kit. Fair point about the low mileage, and maybe running in the car over a long period of time isnt ideal. The torque figure is quite a lot down from what Renault quote - do Renault have a clause in the warranty to say it doesnt have to reach peak power? Otherwise, cant we take our V6s to them and demand they perform like theyre supposed to?

yeah 225bhp sounds about right as std is 230PS and bhp is about 98% of PS.

Torque seems a bot low, not sure why?? anyone?

163bhp at wheels was a lot lower than I would have thought, thats a drop of 62bhp or 28%?? is that right.:eek:

keep up the good work against the scoobies....;):D

Simon.

Renault Laguna Coupe

What do they use to get air into the Vee on the RR? On a front-engined car they put a great big fan in front of the engine - did they do anything similar on your air intakes?

done a quick search on NET on "transmission losses ", power at wheels on a 2 wheel drive car tends to be 15% less than at flywheel and 22% less for a AWD.

So your car does seem a little down at 28% loss?

wheres BenR and AndyGDI when you need them...lol

Simon.

im sure they will be along to provide their valuble comments.

it may be thgat the rollers were just not accurate. the guy was playing with a knob on the machine for every car, not sure what it was though.

i did think it was a little low in torque and wheel HP. V6ing had an RR at superchips, would like to here what torque he made as his mods were similar at the time i think.

telford_mike - they had the fan at the front, to keep the rad cool, so the intake didnt get any air force at all, possilby the reason for a lower output?