ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 mark 2

Clio 172PH2

how old are the people who own this car (many under 25?), how much you paying. Is it true the law no longer allows people under 25 to own a car insurance group 20? cheers

a mess ??? pisses all over a clio v6 in everyway except maybe corners but thats not that hard to sort out :)

sounds much nicer than the clio too its faster and looks better imho

really its about the same as a 255 but gta is slightly faster in gear

but lots of nice mods out there for it and the engine sounds so much nicer

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

imo the 147 is nice to look at but the v lump is too heavy its fwd so rubbish by default..250 bhp too ...wot a joke.

I under took 1 into a roundabout after being overtaken by an idot in 1.

I was about 5 cars ahead by the time he got traction.....Id rather have a clio v6

Clio RS 172 Ph2

That engines clearly at the wrong end of the car!

Plus its a Fiat - guaranteed to break every 6 months, and go into self destruct mode after 6 years!

McBunny the Skoda man hates everything clio now-a-days it would seem, not sure why he still hangs around the forum TBH :confused:

Back on topic:

Im 33, my last V6 Clio cost £648 fully comp with protected no claims bonus.

Clio V6 255BHP

I need to get an insurance requote - im currently paying 1800 sheets and im 28.

I would still keep the V - unless of course it is an Autodelta 147 gta . but then you can get a better motor for that cash

Quote: Originally posted by LOOOONY on 25 July 2005

£1800 :eek:...............yeah LOOOONY I think you need to get a new quote rite now eh........incase you missed it Im 21 and just been quoted just over £1000 or £1300 protected :D

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 25 July 2005 at 4:12pm]

Clio RS 172 Ph2

Im 33 with 10 years NCB & 9 points on my license (all SP30 speeding fines) and Im paying £850 for my V6 230 mk1, fully comp with business use and based on 25,000 miles per year!

& before StuV6 pipes up.... 33 is NOT too old to be driving fast! Cheeky young-uns! You may be 21 now, but that seems like yesterday to me... youll be 33 as well before you know it and if youre anything like me, wont be ready to settle down for a pipe & slippers mondeo just yet...!

Clio V6 255BHP

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 25 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by LOOOONY on 25 July 2005

£1800 :eek:...............yeah LOOOONY I think you need to get a new quote rite now eh........incase you missed it Im 21 and just been quoted just over £1000 or £1300 protected :D

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 25 July 2005 at 4:12pm]
I live in Enfield which is pretty much london - I guess I am paying for that. but I will investigate could you tell me which ins company you are with?

cheers Ev

Sure............that quote is with Elephant.............just got it this morning, check the other thread................Ive given the name of the guy I spoke to.

Cya Stu

PS heres the link to the thread it gives the guys name and the new phone number for Elephant.............its about the 7th reply down: -

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=5&TopicID=173845&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=5&TopicID=173845&PagePosition=1

[Edited by stusV6 on 25 July 2005 at 4:32pm]

Clio V6 255 (Acid Yellow)

Im 26 and Im paying £680 with Norwich Union. I was interested to find that by adding my girlfriend as an additional driver (not that I would ever let her near the car) my premium went down by £100.

Im 25 and paid about £1900 fully comp for my v6 255. Do only have 1 yr no claims plus I had a claim in 2003 and have had 9 points in the last five years. Insured with Norwich Union Direct.

Quote: Originally posted by scotty1 on 26 July 2005

Im 25 and paid about £1900 fully comp for my v6 255. Do only have 1 yr no claims plus I had a claim in 2003 and have had 9 points in the last five years. Insured with Norwich Union Direct.

Your a liability mate ;)

But seriously, with that record, i wouldnt of thought £1900 fully comp was too bad.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by _Tom_ on 25 July 2005

Im 26 and Im paying £680 with Norwich Union. I was interested to find that by adding my girlfriend as an additional driver (not that I would ever let her near the car) my premium went down by £100.
I did that with my cup! Wont let her drive it tho! :D

Quote: Originally posted by roadrunner_182 on 26 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 25 July 2005

My car is not a Mk2 but a Mk1.........Im 21 and the insurance group is 20D.

Cya Stu
how much u paying?

It was £2540 at age 20..............but its come down to £1057 or £1317 with protected NCB and fully comp.

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 26 July 2005 at 4:50pm]

An orange one

stu..who insured you on a vee at 20?! ive tried everywhere..it was bad enough getting insured on the cup!

It was Quote A Car Colin..........Im just waiting for the renewal to come in, they say they cant quote just now cause its not due until September 4th and their quotes are valid for 30days............Ill let you know what they say when it does come in.

The new quote for £1057 is from Elephant...........well chuffed eh :D

Cya Stu

An orange one

well..im 20, always been in my dads name so far so no NCB though never had any claims etc is it worth ringing up to see, when i try online it just says need to be 21, please phone we may still quote you...

Hi Colin............I have 60% NCB and last year I was allowed 50%...............so if you dont have any NCB I think youll really struggle :(

As for having to be 21............I had a couple of companies say the same today 1 said 21 and the other said 25..............last year I even had 1 say 35 :eek:

You can only call them and ask although last year I ended up getting my dad to phone round cause they thought I was taking the mick and wouldnt take me seriously :D

Cya Stu

Quote: Originally posted by Mike T on 26 July 2005

Im very old and its cheap as chips!

Mike ..thought yours would be a fair bit with all the mods.. with the supercharger etc bolted on? is not a 450bhp more to insure than a 230bhp V6?