ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 In the snow

Just a quick one.... Has anyone drove there V6 in the Snow?

Probably someone who has to use it daily? (Can imagine front splitter not liking it)

I did want a play when the snow came however been laid up from a car accident so unable to drive at the min.:(

Probably a good thing as now gonna be using V6 daily so I know I would have been stuck as got a fair trek to work down backroads! with lots of snow.

Ha ha... Think I may have bottled it too... Wouldnt mind a play but think I would have chose the work from home option rather than travelling 30 plus miles to office!

used mine for work a time or two in the snow, no real problems infact id say it handled better than the 172 i used to own.

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 04 March 2005
must have been fun! :eek: Simon.

It was still new so just took it easy, wasnt a problem at all.

3.0ltr V6

Well I drove mine to work this morning and I nearly crapped myself. I drove to work doing 10miles an hour and nearly came of the road twice. Anyone who knows the back roads round cambridgeshire will know how scarey it can be. My backside was slipping all over the shop! The most terrifying experience ever today! :confused:

Yeah seen that ice racing article before! Good read!

To be honest its the front rubber splitter that worries me.. It touches on uneven bits of road at best of times so cant have much chance in the snow??

isnt it a shame they didnt make the v6 4wd,it wouldnt have bin as much fun,but i think it would have made the car a whole lot better....

drove ours in snow this morning - had to get up a reasonably long but steep hill in "virgin" snow which was very slippy - had to drive in the grass at the side of the drive to get any traction, and then of course only got traction on one side - which makes for interesting driving I have to say - other than that you just need to drive with brain engaged and its absolutely fine, no better or worse than the 172 I would say

Quote: Originally posted by pigme1000000 on 04 March 2005

isnt it a shame they didnt make the v6 4wd,it wouldnt have bin as much fun,but i think it would have made the car a whole lot better....

Yeah as long as they gave it a lot more power to compensate for the extra weigth and loss of power through the tranmission...lol

Simon.

An AWD 600bhp Clio V6 600 would be nice......my next "Loto" winning project maybe.....;)

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by wrx-172 on 04 March 2005

To be honest its the front rubber splitter that worries me.. It touches on uneven bits of road at best of times so cant have much chance in the snow??
That would worry me too, except for the fact that I was looking at pics of my car and realised its disappeared! Im just left with some rubber strap thing on one side, and nothing on the other.

Are the splitters cheap and easy to fix back on?

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by wrx-172 on 05 March 2005

Splitters are 130 quid!!!:eek: Relatively easy to fix on but thats what puts me off the snow in it!!
Jeez, for a bit of wanky plastic?! I think Ill get the nice trophy one instead for that price.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 05 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 04 March 2005

had to drive in the grass at the side of the motorway to get any traction,
:eek:

I know Im a "woman driver" but even Im not that bad Mike - it was only the drive out of the farm !!!

E91 M Sport

Well seen as how we live at the top of a VERY steep hill................if it was any steeper wed have to throw a rope over the side...................I bottled it aswell.................the dry stone dyke at the bottom just looked way too inviting eh!

Cya Stu

E91 M Sport

To be honest, you dont even notice it normally - it was only a close-up pic on here of someone elses car that made me think to check.

Perhaps a group buy from Ray?

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 05 March 2005

To be honest, you dont even notice it normally - it was only a close-up pic on here of someone elses car that made me think to check.

Perhaps a group buy from Ray?

I think that would have been Roger (iwantaV6) hes taken his splitter off and as you say you hardly notice it and it looks good and makes it a LOT easier getting over speed bumps................well he can get over them now.

I havent taken mine off yet just made it more secure using "penny washers"..................and I have a spare.

Cya Stu

Quote: Originally posted by John V6 on 04 March 2005

Use mine every day, snow, ice, wind, sun, rain no real problem provided you use the cells between your ears.
i threw all those away when i bought the car!!