ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 holding bak!!

renault clio V6
hey guys i have a v6 clio and its just started to hold bak when i give it sum.its never given me any problems b4 except the odd coil now and then!!

there is no engine managment light on or anythin so im slightly confused!

i just wondered if anyone knows wat it cud be or have experienced the same problem.

renault clio V6
ye had 6 plugs put in 2 days ago cos i thought it may be them!!no it doesnt missfire just holds bak then goes the sorta backs off again!!

2005 Impreza WRX STI
my clio 16v did that. quick to about 3k reves dies off a bit, went a bit quicker later on in the revs then died off a bit. Unequal power at different revs. I had engine rebuilt using a donor and it was still fooked. Sold it in the end didn't get to find out the problem.

Nissan 350z
Water temp sensor screwed? Does the gauge on your dash look normal (above 50%)?

Not sure what V6 are like sorry!

renault clio V6
nah it always stays just below half way and if its sat at idle and gets hot it only just creeps just over half way mark then the fans kick in!!the dash layout is the same as the 172 and 182.

is it holding back like its chocking?

have you done many short journeys in it recently? it could be that the cat's full of crud.

take it for a decent blast at high revs on a motorway/dual carriaage way to clear it out and see how it feels after that.

Ford Fiesta ST2
I know nothing about engines, but it's worth checking your cats. My friends V6 played up because of the cats. It caused a load of problems so worth getting them checked ASAP before any more damage might be done.

I know nothing about engines, but it's worth checking your cats. My friends V6 played up because of the cats. It caused a load of problems so worth getting them checked ASAP before any more damage might be done.

Those damn cats, climbing in the CAF and shitting everywhere:star:

Dogs Ftw on this 1:(