ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Gone - "Cheap" replacment is here... Jap Crap Inside!

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
As you all should know now, my brother, Newms, sold his V6 to another guy on here and recently brought this to have a play with. I love it! Pictures do it no justice but hey ho!

Please excuse the cut and paste from detailing world!

Here we have my brothers 4 month old purchase. Its a 2005 Honda Civic Type R with just 20,000 miles on the clock. He has always looked after his cars and when he asked me to clean this one for him i thought sure! Easy job! How i was wrong!!!
Now please excuse my quality of pictures. I forgot my camera on the first day :wall: So the iphone had to do!

Here was the car at around 12:00 waiting for me. Looking clean as always ready for me to wash it down...

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Once the car was washed down and clayed etc etc... I rolled it into the garage to look at the condition of the paint. OMG!

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Here are a few randoms. Using my Meg's #83 followed by #80. My favourite products! Here are some random 50/50 shots, before's and after's etc etc

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

Once completed i rolled it out into the sunlight to make sure i was happy.

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

I then cleaned the car to get rid of the dust and rolled it back into the garge for the final touches.

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

I finished that night at 10PM and left it in the garge so i could come back the following day to take some half decent pictures. Here they are

DSCF0545.jpg

DSCF0561.jpg

DSCF0565.jpg

DSCF0566.jpg

DSCF0569.jpg

DSCF0571.jpg

DSCF0574.jpg

DSCF0576.jpg

DSCF0577.jpg

DSCF0581.jpg

DSCF0582.jpg

DSCF0583.jpg

DSCF0586.jpg

DSCF0579.jpg

DSCF0555.jpg

DSCF0556.jpg

DSCF0557.jpg

DSCF0559.jpg

DSCF0580.jpg

Coments welcome as always good or bad :D

Sterling work there fella, such a cracking job !

How is he finding it compared to the vee ? I guess it's more 'driveable?'

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Front end respray before anything me thinks fella! But your right they need doing! He dosnt use it though! Done 1000 miles in four months lol!!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Wow, One thing's for sure, your bro will be pleased with your handy-work :approve:

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
maximinimus - Nope, paint readings were spot on all over. Most new'ish cars have orange peel on most panels you will find.

Cat - It dosnt have the noise or the looks of the Vee, but handling wise its 100 times better. Currently on 30mm ABP springs and the fast road setup (camber front and rear adjusted) He says it perfoms better than the vee but then again the vee only had 9k miles on it!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol. All fool you! I just give the bear a pie and chips and he does mine. Infact i'll buy you ticket and you can come and do mine! I'll pay in love x

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Aweasome clean and detail mate. I love it when a car's so clean its like looking in a mirror, well kind of lol great job.

ST
lol. All fool you! I just give the bear a pie and chips and he does mine. Infact i'll buy you ticket and you can come and do mine! I'll pay in love x

LOL...

-1 detailing..

Top work in the Civic tho.

TTRS & V50
Top job there mate, wouldnt mind knowing products and process ?

Love these cars too, would have one anyday over my cs.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
EPIC!!! Love that, something about face lifted ep3's...... think it would be Cosmic grey for me :)

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Excellent turn around on the paint work mate !

Well worth the effort, looks stunning

:)

Very nice and very mirror-like considering how sh*t standard Honda paint finish is, orange peel all over the shop.