ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 getting ready to launch up the strip at Crail

Camel
Saw that Vee at USSC last year he wasn't gunning it he didn't have too it is just amazing here are a couple of other pics

Attachments

• dff5377a.jpg
    dff5377a.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
  Clio v6 & Atom 300
I owed a modified classic shape impreza turbo (RR'ed at 270bhp & 270 lb/ft) before my mk2 V6, so felt I had to add my views here.

After mods the scoob was faster, but thats not the point.

You buy a V6 because of the whole package, not just straight line speed / acceleration.

It is MID engined and rear wheel drive. Much more challenging to drive (than FWD or AWD) and thus ultimately more rewarding. Plus in the hands of a good driver (not you average jo) dare i say faster too! Racing cars have a similar layout for a reason!

All the "slow" V6's you see are standard and compared to modifed cars. Stripped out modded cars will always be faster than standard cars with leather, electric everything, climate control, etc etc. Because of the rarity and cost your less likely to strip all the leather etc out of a V6. If you did and added nitrous or a couple of turbos, then you'd see! ;) 350bhp and lots of torque (plus the grip to use it!) can be achieved.

I'm not having a pop at any of the FWD boys but you need to look further than drag racing to understand why people buy V6's. I'd also openly admit bag for buck they lag behind the 172 / 182 crowd.

You buy em cos you love em! :approve:

Peter:D

Yamaha R6
Clarkson said he'd have one in his dream car garage.. so I guess theres something about them.. They look insane as it is.

If ya wanna do quarter miles only you wouldn't buy a V6 to do them... However if ya want to just love the noise and enjoy the driving sensation you would buy one..
It is purely preference but cant really go calling them crap can you...

drag racing never really does it for me it the corners that get people, monkeys can go fast in stright lines my mates allways say. lol
i would have a vee as well !

V6 Clio
GuyS said:
are them bottles VERTICAL ??!!?!?!!

supposed to be at around 45 degrees with the valve facing the floor so the dip tube is at the lowest point of the bottle so you use all the liquid in the bottle.

Vertical bottles are better. Best setup is upside down, valve at the bottom facing rearwards, no tube. Not ideal for street use, needs checking regularly to prevent clogging...............

Most people don't have room for a vertical bottle so the the angled bottle you usually see is the best all round setup for street use. Dip tubes can be shaped to face anywhere they need to.

TRW1 said:
Vertical bottles are better. Best setup is upside down, valve at the bottom facing rearwards, no tube. Not ideal for street use, needs checking regularly to prevent clogging...............

Most people don't have room for a vertical bottle so the the angled bottle you usually see is the best all round setup for street use. Dip tubes can be shaped to face anywhere they need to.

1) upside down vertical doesnt sound very practical

2) but the standard setup on the wizards of nos bottles is the dip tube is angled to the lowest point, when the valve is pointing downwards and the bottle is angled slightly from horizontal. will collect the most liquid.

suppose as long as its at a very slight angle it should catch all the liquid anyway, even if its like /

TRW1 - is this your n2o setup (from renault world series)?? cant remember if it was your car or the othe rmodified Vee next to it.

if it is.. can you explain your setup?? as i was looking at it thinking.. WHAT THE f**k! lol its like nothing i've seen before and was very puzzled as to how it functioned.
is it just a distribution block fixe straight to the pulsoid without using corssfire injectors? allthough the length of the pipes dont look equal? and how does it provide the extra fuelling?
also is that a t piece using a cheap solenoid as a purge?!

Attachments

• 11092005(004).jpg
    11092005(004).jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 34
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
Originally quoted by GuyS

"are them bottles VERTICAL ??!!?!?!!

supposed to be at around 45 degrees with the valve facing the floor so the dip tube is at the lowest point of the bottle so you use all the liquid in the bottle"

You leave the serious stuff to us GUY - u stick to K & N filters

TDI tyre shreader
when that first starts up and is revved before its spurts off, it sounds like my mates 1.0l 3cyl corsa!!!! although that clio goes slightly faster!!!

MATT BLACK said:
Originally quoted by GuyS

"are them bottles VERTICAL ??!!?!?!!

supposed to be at around 45 degrees with the valve facing the floor so the dip tube is at the lowest point of the bottle so you use all the liquid in the bottle"

You leave the serious stuff to us GUY - u stick to K & N filters

bit arrogant,

who made you a tuning guru

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
This thread resembles the other nonsence from the other day with the MK1 V the MK 2-

Really people should have a little more respect- This is a Clio Sport forum- You could perhaps understand it if the forum was another Badge/marque- but No the same ol' names keep appearing slaggin off the VEE-

When really they are in no position to judge-
We have an evo owner who all he does is sl*g off a vee knowing full well that his car was built to go so fast to avoid the embaressment of anyone seeing the muppet who was driving it-

An then a Clio owner bashing the vee- What planet are you on???-

Whilst your blasting your 401BHP rocket ship up the strip to acheive a Quarter mile time of X,
all the V6 owners will be chatting up the tottie & relaxing in the paddock with the crowds of admirers- just like here-
v6yella.jpg.xs.jpg

S

Last edited:
  Renault Clio v6 MK2
BigChris said:
some people need to realise why people own V6's...

i bought mine not for power (otherwise i would have a P1, Evo 7/8 for the same money!)

Its about WHAT THE CAR IS not what it does.

Its RWD, it looks lovely, it has loads of usable torque, it goes well, its smooth, and its mid engined.... but it will never be a japanese 600bhp skyline, but like i say..its not what the car is about... in my eyes its like owning a classic, no one else has one.

This is my opinion of course.

Its true what he says, its a v6 passion thing.